Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: NFCU American Express

mrldp40 wrote:

i wonder if navy will let us convert a current card to the amex when availible 

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully, they will give us this option.

Contributor
0 Kudos

This gives me even more motivation to diligently garden until this fall, maybe a little longer!  Realistically, I should wait until after Christmas!

New Contributor
0 Kudos

mrldp40 wrote:

i wonder if navy will let us convert a current card to the amex when availible 

I hope they do. I also hope the card design is attractive.

6/3/17: TU 628 | EQ 635 | EX 613
8/17/17: TU 640 | EQ 655 | Ex 635
Valued Contributor

kugel wrote:
I think they pull your credit for that
Not like PenFed u can just convert

No they do NOT pull credit for product changes. 

EX: 745 TU: 753 EQ: 720
Established Member
0 Kudos

Sandman771 wrote:

Any update on the timeframe other than "fall 2017?" My 91 days is up in August so I had a vested interest.

Well, like my previous post said, they plan on releasing this in September. 

So last month I was on NFCU's website looking for my credit card agreement. I couldn't find it and clicked on every single link I could find and ended up clicking the newsroom link. That's is how I found out about this new card. 

I immedately called NFCU to get more information. So my previous post is a converstation about this card with a NFCU rep. 

I then posted this information but someone beat me to it. I don't think this threard belongs in the dead zone of Credit News "Credit in the news could signify updates in your credit picture or rights as a consumer. Post news links here and discuss."  Should be in Credit Card board "The credit cards board is your place to discuss many different credit card-related topics ranging from managing credit card debt to reward structures and everything in between. If you're interested in talking about credit card applications, check out the credit card application board!"

But because someone beat me to posting the dead zone is where this ended up. 

Feel free to call NFCU and get updates as I haven't called them since May.

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

tydawg wrote:

kugel wrote:
I think they pull your credit for that
Not like PenFed u can just convert

No they do NOT pull credit for product changes. 

This is awesome news. I haven't decided if I'll cold app for the new Amex, or go for a product change. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I want an AmX but will wait to see if the NFCU AmX will offer the 3X CLI that AmX offers. If not, I am going to apply for the original.

|| NFCU Signature $16.5K || NFCU Platinum $7.5K || Macy's $7.5K || Discover IT $7.5K || Chase FU $5K || CitiCostco $4K || CitiDC $3.3K || NFCU CLOC $1K ||
0 Kudos

CreditInspired wrote:

I want an AmX but will wait to see if the NFCU AmX will offer the 3X CLI that AmX offers. If not, I am going to apply for the original.

The 3x CLI only applies to Amex credit cards issued by American Express Centurion Bank, such as the BCP, EDP, Delta Gold, etc.

The NFCU Amex card will run on the Amex network, but will be issued and underwritten by NFCU; the CLIs will be by NFCU's "rules".  That said, they are known around here for being quite generous, and many people have reported getting CLIs greater than 3x on NFCU cards. 

Of course right now all we can do is speculate that the new card will go by the same "rules" as the current NFCU line up, which may or may not be the case.

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Wen is the card released? Beginning of sep or end?
Established Contributor

Thanks Uncle B. I did get a huge SL with my cashRewards card and also a generous CLI on my Platinum. And, since NFCU allows 3 CC products, maybe I'll rethink my plans about which one to get -- AmX or NFCU AmX.

|| NFCU Signature $16.5K || NFCU Platinum $7.5K || Macy's $7.5K || Discover IT $7.5K || Chase FU $5K || CitiCostco $4K || CitiDC $3.3K || NFCU CLOC $1K ||

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.