cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU American Express

Established Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

For cli yes it's equifax for a new app it's always tu
Message 61 of 114
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

Called official release is sep 6
3x points for gas
3x Resturant's
3x grocery
1x for everything else




Calculation will it be worth better than the cash rewards card?
I really have no way to get In Amex since I filed bk 19 months ago
But with having card that has a Amex logo what does is give me more than the other cards ?
I do have a cash rewards from nfcu for a year now with $17,500
I am thinking should I go with Amex or the flagship?
Message 62 of 114
New Member

Re: NFCU American Express

Do you know if there's an annual fee? Also, do you know if there's a cap? Like, 3x points on the first $1,500 spent per quarter or something?

 

Still disappointing, but it's okay I guess.

 

Thanks!

Message 63 of 114
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

Can i convert my platinum mastercard to the amex ?
fico 11/01/01//2017 tu 634eq 631
ex 613overstock src="http://ficoforums.
Message 64 of 114
Moderator

Re: NFCU American Express


mrldp40 wrote:
Can i convert my platinum mastercard to the amex ?

It looks like that won't be an option.  Smiley Sad

 

From http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/NFCU-American-Express/m-p/4999718#M15663


leonel9 wrote:

Update on this:

 

Rewards Structure is expected to be:

3points per dollar on gas and groceries, 2x restaurants, 1x everywhere else.

 

Max. credit limit is $50k for those who qualify. Generally, members are limited well below that in their first year.

 

Also, product changes and convenience checks are not available.



Of course it's still early, and things could always change.  Personally I would also consider a PC, but with the rewards scheme as we think it will be I'm not likely to apply.

Message 65 of 114
Moderator

Re: NFCU American Express


kugel wrote:
For cli yes it's equifax for a new app it's always tu

This is really a conversation for another thread, but I did want to mention that I would consider this "usually", since there are more than a few documented exceptions.

Message 66 of 114
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

Interesting about the no PC being allowed is Navy still using TSYS? Is there any reason given? I personally am not enticed with the benefits considering USAA has them beat by far with the Limitless card at 2.5% for all and the Amex Plus they offer doing 5% on gas. 

Message 67 of 114
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express


kugel wrote:
Called official release is sep 6
3x points for gas
3x Resturant's
3x grocery
1x for everything else

3% on 3 popular categories would make this a very powerful card.  If they subsequently decide to upgrade their cashRewards Visa from 1.5% to 2% to keep up with Citi and PenFed, NFCU would have an awesome 2-card pairing for everyday expenses.

 

My two concerns are:

-- that they will set a high minimum redemption

-- that a point may be worth less than $.01 in cash redemptions

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Reserve • PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Also have: Chase United MileagePlus Explorer • UNFCU Azure • NFCU cashRewards • NFCU Go Rewards • PenFed Promise
Message 68 of 114
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express


tydawg wrote:

Interesting about the no PC being allowed is Navy still using TSYS? Is there any reason given? I personally am not enticed with the benefits considering USAA has them beat by far with the Limitless card at 2.5% for all and the Amex Plus they offer doing 5% on gas. 


I checked the program guides for the three current NFCU rewards cards last month.  NFCU still uses TSYS for the Flagship Rewards and the Go Rewards cards.  I could find no mention of TSYS (or any other third party rewards vendor) in the program guide for the cashRewards card, so that card appears to be an in-house operation.

 

I assume that the NFCU partnership with Amex for the new card is actually a partnership with Amex's LoyaltyEdge subsidiary.  Interestingly, PenFed uses LoyaltyEdge for its Platinum Rewards Visa, its Premium Travel Rewards Amex, and its Power Cash Rewards Visa.  Barclay uses LoyaltyEdge for its JetBlue Visa cards (that used to be issued by Amex!).

 

My earlier concern about a point possibily being valued at less than $.01 for cash redemptions is based on the point devaluation that PenFed and LoyaltyEdge pulled on the PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa a few years ago.  The value of a point went from $.01 to $.008 with about 30 days warning.

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Reserve • PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Also have: Chase United MileagePlus Explorer • UNFCU Azure • NFCU cashRewards • NFCU Go Rewards • PenFed Promise
Message 69 of 114
Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express


UncleB wrote:

mrldp40 wrote:
Can i convert my platinum mastercard to the amex ?


It looks like that won't be an option.  Smiley Sad

From http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/NFCU-American-Express/m-p/4999718#M15663


leonel9 wrote:

Update on this:

Rewards Structure is expected to be:

3points per dollar on gas and groceries, 2x restaurants, 1x everywhere else.

Max. credit limit is $50k for those who qualify. Generally, members are limited well below that in their first year.

Also, product changes and convenience checks are not available.



Of course it's still early, and things could always change.  Personally I would also consider a PC, but with the rewards scheme as we think it will be I'm not likely to apply.



It's not gonna change anytime soon.  Less than one month away, NFCU (I guarantee!) has already spent wads and wads of money on promotional materials with the details.  This was probably done a few months ago actually.  No inside knowledge of NFCU, only an inside knowledge of running businesses over the years.
Message 70 of 114