Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY TIMES ARTICLE

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

NY TIMES ARTICLE

I don't know how to put the link on here, but if you google  Credit-Card message boards New York Times you will find it.

Maybe a computer savvy person can come along and put the link up. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: NY TIMES ARTICLE

I assume you are referring to this article:

Mod Cut!

We cannot post links that connect to credit repair sites. The article posted has a link to a credit repair site, credit boards. Thank you for your understanding.

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 2 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hey Stan the Man - IDK if it was the same article or not.  Was it funny?  If so, it probably was.

Anyway, sorry it had a link to a credit repair company.  I am very against those companies, too!!

Love, Boone

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stan_the_man wrote:

Mod Cut!

We cannot post links that connect to credit repair sites. The article posted has a link to a credit repair site, credit boards. Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/05/nyregion/05credit.html?hp&ex=1152158400&en=4900776bf1b8c88d&ei=509...

Looks like the link has been removed.  I find no link on the NY Times article pointing to CB now.

Message 4 of 7
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stan_the_man wrote:

Mod Cut!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/05/nyregion/05credit.html?hp&ex=1152158400&en=4900776bf1b8c88d&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Looks like the link has been removed.  I find no link on the NY Times article pointing to CB now.

That's not the same article. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stan_the_man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@stan_the_man wrote:

Mod Cut!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/05/nyregion/05credit.html?hp&ex=1152158400&en=4900776bf1b8c88d&ei=5094&partner=homepage

That's not the same article. Smiley Sad

Thanks.  I was confused.

I found it now and it is kind of funny.  I think we can copy & paste the whole article since we cannot link to it just as long as we attribute the article to the NY Times.  Any guidance on that idea?

Oh, also funny how they mention one of our own poster's sig line.  Smiley Wink

"Oh, but Credit Card Forum is not the only message board of its kind. Not even close. Boisterous online hangouts for credit lovers abound. Their dull, interchangeable names — Credit Boards, Fico Forums, CreditNet — conceal the passion, fury, ingenuity, magical thinking and staggering greed that define these uneasy places."

- NY Times - Credit-Card Message Boards

Message 6 of 7
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

O6 wrote:  Oh, also funny how they mention one of our own poster's sig line.  Smiley Wink

...and here I'd thought I'd seen the last of that, forever.    Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.