Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Revelate

Re: New Credit Score Website

[ Edited ]

whodatnation2 wrote:

If you don't mind let us know how the site is when you register

Absolutely I'll do that.

I'm just signing up for their credit pull service though, I don't really need their score analyzer and other things as I can do my own math with the knowledge I have; also, frankly I'm nowhere close to being ready to play the optimization of FICO game with my current reports.  More than anything I just need to pay on my tradelines and see about goodwilling a few derogatory marks.

Where I do find value in it, is I need to have some barometer of where my scores are, sporadically over the next 18-30 months in my run up to a theoretical FHA mortgage; however, in between that I need to switch my auto-insurance (has to be done in June no choice there) and refinance my auto-loan a few months later than that... and have plans to apply for one of two things before the end of the year too (Amex zync for future backdating as an example).

I was mostly going to predicate everything off my EQ score from DCU, but in my case living in S. Cali, the ever-elusive EX score would be enormously helpful in my building journey depending where I draw the line in the sand for a mortgage app.  I'm spending a lot more than the cost of this service in my path towards credit righteousness (like my subprime autoloan at 19%), and as such it is utterly inconsequential in comparison: it's annual charge is less than what I'm accuring in interest each month on my car loan.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 708, TU 711, EX 702* (07/14/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
android01

I was one of the folks that pulled reports during their BETA testing phase.  I tried logging in today and it didn't recognize me.  So, I tried to sign up again and wnhen I hit submit, it erased the passwords I entered when I hit submit.  I tried this a couple times and couldn't get it to work.  I don't think this site is ready for prime time yet.   

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 - 6/17/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 6/17/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 6/17/14
Established Member
smokiethebear912

android01 wrote:

...So, I tried to sign up again and wnhen I hit submit, it erased the passwords I entered when I hit submit.  I tried this a couple times and couldn't get it to work.  I don't think this site is ready for prime time yet.   

I tried as well the other day as this service would compliment my usaa one well. I had the same issues you did.

Starting Scores: EQ MYFICO (05-12-09) 430 / TU MYFICO (12-14-09) 521
Current Scores: EX USAA PLUS 607 / EQ MYFICO 656 / TU98 MYFICO 664 / TU08 FICO WALMART 648 / CreditKarma TU TransRisk 586 / TU VANTAGE 645
Goal Scores: 700+

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

[ Edited ]

Well, I was excited when I read the first post and looked at the website... until I looked further.

#1, There is NO contact info on the website. That for me is a HUGE red flag, no matter what type of website it is, but especially with a credit website like this.

#2, There is NO mention of the set-up fee until you get to the check-out screen. Personally, I think that's a little shady. If I hadn't read about it here, I would have been shocked to see it there. I think it should be have been mentioned elsewhere *before* you check out.

#3, When I clicked "PLANS & PRICING" in the upper right corner, I got an error message:

A critical error has occurred. An unexpected error has occurred

#4, I already have SW (which I love) and TU FICO from Walmart (which I love, also). If I got this service for 1 year, I would be paying really for EX FICO only. And SW has benefits that this doesn't -- it lets me know when my score changes and any activity on my CR. I have USAA CMS, too, which monitors all 3. This service has NO monitoring and won't let me know if/when my score changes.

#5, The pricing is confusing. What if you don't want to commit to a year? What if you just want to try it for a month? One pull is $4.95 plus $24.95 set up, so it should be $30, right? but when I click the 1 pull option, it is actually charging me $39.95 or 12 pmts of $4.95, plus a set-up fee of $24.95 = 64.90. I think they still have many kinks to work out here! Their pricing in inconsistent and confusing. Why would 1 credit pull be $4.95 per month for an entire year? Is it one pull PER month? They *really* need to have their pricing explained better on their site.

#6, The $64,000 question... If this company can buy and re-sell EX FICO, then why can't myfico.com????? :smileysurprised:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Established Member
TooMuchTooSoon

I absolutely agree, their pricing scheme is very confusing and needs to be explained MUCH better.  They do have analysis tools supposedly but so does USAA CMS.  I am also in agreement that it IS overpriced for what you get.  I'll keep my USAA CMS, get my alerts anytime something changes and I'll settle for FAKO scores since I can see my overall CR from all 3 CRA's and what is on them.  This gives me a pretty good idea of where I stand.

Let's hope that myFICO comes up with a competing service soon. Competion is the best thing for pricing :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: Experian 593 Equifax 552 TransUnion 550
Current Score: 686 650 658
Goal Score: 700

Regular Contributor
lovely222

All excellent points! I have the same services as you, and I agree that it's enough for now. Plus, if I want to know my EX score, I can just get denied for another Amex with no HP (since I'm an existing customer). :smileyvery-happy:

But seriously, this is what I want to know!!! Perfect use of emoticon here, btw. 

#6, The $64,000 question... If this company can buy and re-sell EX FICO, then why can't myfico.com????? :smileysurprised:

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

bichonmom wrote:

Presumably for the same reason why T-Mobile "can't" buy and re-sell IPhones.  Distributor won't sell to them.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Well that's unfortunate because this new website, while incredibly tempting, has to make several changes before I'm inclined to trust them. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+