Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit Score Website

tag
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Credit Score Website

I don't understand why the have the site up for anyone to see anyway. I know and realize that there are setbacks, but all these postponements are VERY unprofessional (insert lots of sarcasm here)!

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 121 of 156
AllPro
Contributor

The  site needs to be setup regardless if its fully running or not. The sit needs "Bots" To index Keywords,Tags Etc. So they can be found with simple searches like "Fico""Score" Etc. Also IMO its beter they postpone now,then when the site is up and running with thousands of people.

Starting Score: EQ 729 TU 727
Current Score: Ex (AMEX) 765 EQ 734 TU 736
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 122 of 156
razzy116
Established Contributor

I see that the website is down, does any one know when it will be up and running?

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 123 of 156
guydiver
Established Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

I see that the website is down, does any one know when it will be up and running?

They didn't say when it would be up and running.  It did say Feb. 13, but that came and went.  Then it went to a GoDaddy ad.  Then it said "postponed", and to leave your e-mail address so they could let you know when the site was up and running.  Now there is another page saying the site is unavailable. Don't know what to think, other than they should have had a better plan.  Seems like a scatterbrained way to start an on-line business.  I'm totally not impressed at this point.

Message 124 of 156
FrugalRican
Blogger

From the marketing school of Paul Christoforos, almost.

What a shame.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 125 of 156
veracious
Established Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't  give my credit card info to them unless  they  prominently display  a VeriSign or  McAfee Secure logo on the signup page.

It seems funny why they wouldn't use the free trial from these website security firms to at least  test their SSL and other attributes.

I'm no IT Guru, so I could be totally off base here, but I mean, how unprofessional are they going to be ?!!

They certainly haven't shown much, so far.

Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I absolutely mean no offense, but I honestly doubt that any of us have much, if any, experience starting a business.  Anyone who thinks it's either easy, or follows a straight line, or makes it to full production operations without a massive number of hiccups (or worse) along the way, is either completely blessed, or substantially naive: on the order of 90% of all startups fail.

The only reason we care is because this is a very small niche in the population, of people that are near fanatical about their credit reports and scores compared to the overwhelming majority of the population.  The hype was overwhelming on this forum, and oi vey, they didn't deliver.  It happens.

Everyone here is bought into the fact that credit scores are a long-term proposition with very few instant gratification opportunities (if any) in the entire process.  Why are so demeaning of this site which is theoretically planning to offer us a service, which is part of the long term process?  Why do we need that service right now?  We're not going anywhere (presumably) and neither are our credit reports or scores.  

Shoot, if they had their application coding remotely correct, even a buddy and I together could fix any of their infrastructure and operations issues: this is a solvable issue, they'll get it fixed sooner or later.

Anyway, when it goes live, I'll make an objective decision as to whether to purchase their services or not; however, there's so many better things to be worried about in the meantime, that this one is utterly inconsequential

        
Message 127 of 156
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@veracious wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't  give my credit card info to them unless  they  prominently display  a VeriSign or  McAfee Secure logo on the signup page.

It seems funny why they wouldn't use the free trial from these website security firms to at least  test their SSL and other attributes.

I'm no IT Guru, so I could be totally off base here, but I mean, how unprofessional are they going to be ?!!

They're not live yet, and SSL (besides the perfomance penalty on a sloppy website design) isn't a difficult implementation.

        
Message 128 of 156
namvet
Established Contributor

@guydiver wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

They didn't say when it would be up and running.  It did say Feb. 13, but that came and went.  Then it went to a GoDaddy ad.  Then it said "postponed", and to leave your e-mail address so they could let you know when the site was up and running.  Now there is another page saying the site is unavailable. Don't know what to think, other than they should have had a better plan.  Seems like a scatterbrained way to start an on-line business.  I'm totally not impressed at this point.

The delay in coming on line is building interest in the site.  It's a great marketing tool.  I'm sure they learned from previous testing that there is a lot of demand for this service.  No one else is offering this so they need to get their staff ready to handle a lot of volume.  A tri-merge report is a great product and currently only available to lenders/brokers in the mortgage business.  Wish i would of thought of this.  A few years ago it would not have worked due to the lack of knowledge of the consumer about Fico scores.  Stand by it will be worth the wait.

Message 129 of 156
veracious
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@veracious wrote:

They're not live yet, and SSL (besides the perfomance penalty on a sloppy website design) isn't a difficult implementation.

Revelate, thanks. You must be an IT Guy.  My point was, with such a valuable product that has enormous potential to rake in large sums

of cash, didn't these folks have the investment funds necessary for this venture? 

An ordinary brick and mortar cigar store in Miami can, and does sell cigars all day and has for a several years. Many merchants do this everyday.

The point is;  exactly what is sooo.... Difficult for this group of entrepreneurs

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.