Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MasterCard logo

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: New MasterCard logo

In general, I could not care less about the way my cards or logo's look. If I did, I would have to say the clear AMEX blue cash everyday card is the most attractive.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Couple of weeks ago I received a notification that a new card was on its way from Citi AAdvantage. 

What was weird is that I literally just received the card at the end of May of this year. 

I called to ask is it just a new design and the rep stated yes. 

Well the card came and it looked exactly the same .. except for the back of the card.  The only change I could see was from being World w/color MC logo  ---to---> World Elite w/the silver interlocking circles, but it sill had the Mastercard w/capital M). 

I actually was kind of hoping that the card in front would change a bit.  

I guess now that the card will eventually be tweaked again w/new MC logo being in lower-case and under the interlocking circles. 

I just don't understand how they changed my card so fast from World to World Elite and Why? 

What did I do to constitute that ?  Why the rep did not advise me for the reason of the change? 

Is their really that much difference ?  

Things that make me go Hmmmmm Smiley Wink 

Congrats on being upgraded to WEMC!  I did a PC from Citi Diamond Preferred which was a standard MC (and had TERRIBLE rewards from Citi) to a DC.  My CL was auto increased and they made it WEMC without batting an eye.  And then a couple weeks later they offered a promo APR of 5.9% for 12 mos.  I am very happy with the PC, and excited to start using the rewards which are typically only seen with AF cards.  Here is a link to see all the benefits available for WEMC (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/features-benefits/card-benefits/world-elite-travel-benefits.html).

Has anyone else with Citi experienced upgrades to WEMC on existing accounts?

Message 32 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

i love this new look. my favorite on that time line is the 1979 one. i love this change they made! 

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.