Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Uber card (Barclay / Visa)

tag
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

New Uber card (Barclay / Visa)

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/25/uber-launches-a-credit-card/

Guessing it would be bad form to use this as my default payment method for Lyft. Nice perks, scary data hoovering.

Edited to correct the spelling of the bank. Also, a revision to the article after I posted it indicates that Uber will only get information about rewards due and that sort of information. Not transactions.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Uber card (Barklay / Visa)

Can I get a mod to correct the spelling of "Barclay" in the title please?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

barklay - woof! LOL...

Message 3 of 8
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

barklay - woof! LOL...

Yeah yeah - mobile client and spell correct (it thought "Berkeley") and fat fingers on the phone only partially fixed that. Bah

NOW that I'm home, fixed for real Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course it has to be one of the harder issuers.

I am surprised Uber would launch a new offering given all the recent negative media they have gotten.  Must be trying to move on.

Message 5 of 8
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@BurgeoningHope wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

barklay - woof! LOL...

Yeah yeah - mobile client and spell correct (it thought "Berkeley") and fat fingers on the phone only partially fixed that. Bah

NOW that I'm home, fixed for real Smiley Tongue

DAMMIT - only fixes MY copies, not the message thread listing!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading about this card, the dining rewards are very tempting as an alternative to Chase AARP Visa (3%), Cap1 Savour (3%), and the rotating 5% with Chase FU and Discover it.  However, I've only read absolute horror stories about Barclay, and I wonder if the point advantage is worth dealing with such a terrible company.  It seems the forums are filed with complaints of balance chasing and other AA.  It will be interesting to see how people's experience is with the card.  Personally I'm gardening until Spring, and the negative press around Barclay is a massive turnoff for me.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the approval data points if anyone is interested.

Source

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.