Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News: TransUnion and what does it mean when you click "I Agree" on a contract

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

News: TransUnion and what does it mean when you click "I Agree" on a contract

March 26,

A guy sued TransUnion and won (sort of) because he hit "I Agree" on TransUnion site.

Check out the news article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-terms-of-service-agreements-binding-2016032...

What does this mean for us?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: News: TransUnion and what does it mean when you click "I Agree" on a contract

I guess that's just an opinion piece, the actual court order below:

http://digitalcommons.law.scu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1915&context=historical

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: News: TransUnion and what does it mean when you click "I Agree" on a contract

I read it. Maybe I'm just dense but what did his (ridiculous) lawsuit and whether he had signed a contract or not have to do with his credit score being different at the car dealership than what TU said it was?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I read it. Maybe I'm just dense but what did his (ridiculous) lawsuit and whether he had signed a contract or not have to do with his credit score being different at the car dealership than what TU said it was?

Thats the part I'm confused about. I would think that would be the meat of it.

TU should supply the consumer the score they supply the lender. Its why I don't have 1 TU product.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats the part I'm confused about. I would think that would be the meat of it.

TU should supply the consumer the score they supply the lender. Its why I don't have 1 TU product.

Even MF can't do that in all cases.  Admittedly I wouldn't get a TU product when I can get what they peddle for free but that is somewhat besides the point.

The lawsuit wasn't won about the fact that the score was necessarily different, it was that TU's disclaimer was misleading /shrug.  If TU had a better implementation, which I'd note some institutions do exactly what this court was specifying should've been done, wouldn't have been a problem.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.