xangoboy
Contributor

Nordstrom approaches potential buyers for its credit cards sale

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Nordstrom approaches potential buyers for its credit cards sale

Interesting ~ seems like a lot of retailers are exiting the finance business....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
xangoboy
Contributor

Which is bad if you think about it. A handful of lenders that control all the lending. Less options for consumers.
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@xangoboy wrote:
Which is bad if you think about it. A handful of lenders that control all the lending. Less options for consumers.

It's hard to state that Nordstrom's or the rest of the one-off store cards had any measurable impact on the consumer lending industry when viewed in aggregate.  Also a lot of the one-off store cards were measurably worse than many of the national bank cards so I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

I think with the way that things are setup, there will still be options regardless for a long time to come.

As a whole I think it's a smart decision on their part, focus on your core business and retailers don't need carry the infrastructure and regulatory overhead for what's likely a shrinking segment for them.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.