Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nurse uses dead patients credit card - Sarasota, Fl

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Nurse uses dead patients credit card - Sarasota, Fl

http://www.937thearrow.com/pages/waltonandjohnson.html?article=10297743

A female Florida hospital employee has been arrested for using a deceased patient’s credit cards to make purchases.

The victim of the theft died in the emergency room where the women worked on June 10. Within hours after his death, his three credit cards were used to purchase airline tickets, bridal shoes, pay phone bills and other assorted items totaling over $1,186.00.  A patient registration representative in the emergency room was identified as a suspect.

Yesterday the women was arrested on a warrant for identity theft and 7 counts of credit card fraud.

So, this woman used the credit cards of a dead man to pay off her *personal* phone bills?  *And* she didn't expect to be caught within a couple of weeks? With staff as mind-bogglingly stupid as that, it's no surprise the patient/victim died.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Nurse uses dead patients credit card - Sarasota, Fl

Too bad the headline in the article reads the way it does. Doesn't look as if the culprit was a nurse at all. It was a "patient registration representative." Clerical.

Message 2 of 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Nurse uses dead patients credit card - Sarasota, Fl

Absolutely shameful!  As if the deceased's family didn't have enough on their plates, this Mod Cut has to add to it by running up bills on the dead man's accounts.

I'm glad she got nailed for this, but I wonder how many others do not. 

My grandmother was missing a few pieces of her jewelry after dying at the hospital.  That's bad enough, but for the family to have to deal with all the paperwork to clear up unauthorized debt is salt in the wounds.

UBUP now you know that's not allowed - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.