Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online lenders see cash crunch

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Online lenders see cash crunch

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/19/online-lenders-see-cash-crunch.html

A cash crunch is impeding the online lending industry's growth as the cost of borrowing grows, funds become increasingly scarce and ratings agencies maintain a cautious outlook toward the space.

Next, start-ups that have grown into unicorns originating billions of dollars' worth of loans may find themselves doing less lending or, conversely, putting more of their loans onto their own books.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Online lenders see cash crunch

Thanks for sharing this information. Within the story CNBC talks about how Prosper/WebBank gave a $28,500 loan to the terrorist from the San Bernidino attack (the one that the FBI is trying to get into his iPhone). I am sure they did not knowingly lend to a terrorist but that cannot be good for business or the stock. 

Message 2 of 3
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Online lenders see cash crunch

@Appleman wrote:

Thanks for sharing this information. Within the story CNBC talks about how Prosper/WebBank gave a $28,500 loan to the terrorist from the San Bernidino attack (the one that the FBI is trying to get into his iPhone). I am sure they did not knowingly lend to a terrorist but that cannot be good for business or the stock. 

And the interesting thing is that Citi Bank funded 100% of that loan. I had no idea the big banks were investing in what is touted as "peer to peer" lending.

And they sure aren't cutting back on advertising/promotion - I'm getting 2-3 direct mailings per week, from Propser, Lending Club & Best Egg. But I probably look like a prime candidate for a peer to peer loan - I got a 3 yr. $5k Prosper loan in June 2014, and paid off in 1 year, and currently show 14% ($7k) CC utilization. But it's all 0% BTs or intro/promo on new cards, so those mailers go into the trash.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.