Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid FAKOS Bank FAKOS, FICO FAKOS.. no kiddin

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Paid FAKOS Bank FAKOS, FICO FAKOS.. no kiddin

Great article for those that do not know as we do here, that all scores are not created equal.  I have yet to see something that could be considered an "across the board score" for anything myself.

We still don't know what the bank sees as a score until we're hit with an HP.  I love how in the article they said: "Consumers should correct for this by shopping around for credit. Lenders offer different loan terms, and consumers should look for the best option, the consumer bureau said."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/cfpb-credit-scores-consumers-lenders_n_1913585.html

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid FAKOS Bank FAKOS, FICO FAKOS.. no kiddin

This is one reason why I think it is a waste of money to buy scores. The score you see may not be the one the lender sees so what you just bought is useless. Plus there are a plethora of ways to obtain a score for free.

Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

This is one reason why I think it is a waste of money to buy scores. The score you see may not be the one the lender sees so what you just bought is useless. Plus there are a plethora of ways to obtain a score for free.

True, but the score you see should be a ballpark figure of what the lender will see. (YMMV of course)

I still prefer to see my FICO's when I can, I cant help it Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1   Sometimes I just have to know!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.