Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastc just went belly up with my loot!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Plastc just went belly up with my loot!

We Regret to Inform You...

For the past 3 years, our mission here at Plastc was to build and deliver the most technically ambitious smart card on the planet. After making enormous leaps in development, product innovation and progress towards our goal, Plastc has exhausted all of its options to raise the money it needs to continue.

Plastc, Inc. is exploring options to file Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and will cease operations on April 20, 2017.

While we have fallen short of our goal, we are proud of our team and the effort that went into developing a working Plastc Card. However, without the necessary capital to continue, all employees have been let go, which means that Customer Care and Social Media channels are unmanned or have been shut down.

How We Got Here:

We were expecting to close a $3.5 million Series A funding round on February 28, 2017. There are functioning Plastc Cards, which were demonstrated to our investors and our backers, and the capital was to be allocated for the mass production and shipping of Plastc Cards to pre-order customers. At first, the principal investment group postponed their investment and a couple of weeks later the round fell apart.

After the initial funding was unavailable, Plastc made progress with another investor who offered $6.75 million. This deal was scheduled to close last week and would propel development across the finish line, as well as allow for Plastc Card pre-orders to be shipped and for production to continue into a retail phase.

However, once again at the very last minute, our investor gave us notice that they have decided rescind their investment offer. The round was a signature away from closing and we were extremely caught off guard when they notified us yesterday they were backing out. Our existing investors kept us alive and functioning as long as they could during this fundraising process, but in the end, we needed new outside capital to get into production.

What This Means For Backers:

It’s been a long road with a lot of obstacles. The support of our amazing backers has been incredible, which makes this announcement even harder. We were so incredibly ready for production in order to hit our deadlines but without capital it is impossible for us to move forward and we will not be able to fulfill any pre-orders.

We are disappointed and emotionally distraught, and while we know this is extremely disappointing for you, we want our backers to know that we did everything we could to make Plastc Card a reality.

- Plastc Inc.

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
Plastc · 1620 Montgomery Street, Suite 310 · San Francisco, CA 94111 · USA

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plastc just went belly up with my loot!

Gmood1 nice find! Noticed a big green warning on Reddit that the Plastc was a scam. What is happening?
Message 2 of 4
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Gmood1 nice find! Noticed a big green warning on Reddit that the Plastc was a scam. What is happening?

I just received this email stating they're going under. I take it that all of us who prepaid for the card are SOL. 

Message 3 of 4
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Wow! I just received my refund on Monday.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.