Established Contributor

Prosper Changing Credit Score It Uses

http://blog.prosper.com/2013/08/30/fico-08-score-comes-to-prosper-and-what-it-means-for-you/

I got an email today from Prosper and they are apparently switching to FICO 08 from EXPERIAN SCOREX PLUS next week.

Is this a good thing or bad thing or what?

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Established Contributor

Re: Prosper Changing Credit Score It Uses

I just checked my Prosper account only to see my EX score, since it's a SP. The denial letter (lol! too many recent inq) states that indeed they use the FICO 08 score. I think that any time you can get a FICO score, it's a good thing. 

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Mortgage Scores:(7/24/13 lender pull) TU 663 | EX 635 | EQ 649
Current Score (11/7/14): TU 664 | EX 605 (no update) | EQ 661
Goals: Removing a $30 30-day late mark on my CR in November 2014 because I was too nice to a friend. Last app 7/16/14 (auto loan)
*** Homeowner 9/27/13*** All but 2 CCs are in the sock drawer!***
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Prosper Changing Credit Score It Uses

I think that's a huge positive.  I didn't know they were using a Plus score at all, they maybe the only lending organization out there which used a score designed for educational purposes.

If nothing else, Prosper has a chance to really, well, prosper, in the peer to peer lending space if they haven't already; this will only help those of us who are considering either side of the transaction getting a known benchmark which we can easily correlate here on myFICO even with the addition of the FICO '08 EX score.

Sort of like EQ here being the gold standard for mortgages (which is admittedly more important), EX here will be the same for Prosper.  I can't possibly see that as a bad thing.  Granted I think EX Plus could be gotten elsewhere, but personally I don't have the same level of trust in Plus as I do in a legit FICO.... maybe because I know more on how the FICO score works and I have a lot more experience trying to figure out what I need to do, and where other people might have gone wrong.  I'd probably be on the lender side, and this is a big positive for that, and the more lenders they have, the more successful Prosper will be.  I think that's a good thing as it may establish it as a valid model going forward, sort of like Kickstarter did vs. VC financing.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.