Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

It's personally making me crazy waiting to find out if I will luck out and have mine removed.  The copy of the lien I have lists my name, address, and the last four of my social, but it looks like this: xxx-xx-#### (of course the # signs are the actual last 4 of my SS).  I have no idea if it was filed like that or if the x's were inserted to protect my number in mailings and such.  Interestingly enough the lien does not contain any info on my hubby, but its on his report so I wonder if his will be removed regardless.  If it's not removed, I have to get a "recorded" copy of the release of lien (YES - just paid it off - YAY!!) and send that to the CRA's... 

Patience may be a virtue, but it's a struggle when trying to rebuild!!!! Smiley Frustrated

Message 51 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's personally making me crazy waiting to find out if I will luck out and have mine removed.  The copy of the lien I have lists my name, address, and the last four of my social, but it looks like this: xxx-xx-#### (of course the # signs are the actual last 4 of my SS).  I have no idea if it was filed like that or if the x's were inserted to protect my number in mailings and such.  Interestingly enough the lien does not contain any info on my hubby, but its on his report so I wonder if his will be removed regardless.  If it's not removed, I have to get a "recorded" copy of the release of lien (YES - just paid it off - YAY!!) and send that to the CRA's... 

Patience may be a virtue, but it's a struggle when trying to rebuild!!!! Smiley Frustrated

If it's a Federal tax lien it only has the last 4 digits of the social security number.  A release is NOT the same as a withdrawal.    You can apply for a withdrawal if it's Federal. For Federal and most state liens they do record the release.  It takes any where from 7 to 30  days. Getting the second party ie dh off  the tax lien is not as easy as getting  you off. 

Message 52 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops I should have stated its a Michigan state tax lien. From my research on here I am aware that if it was filed properly and is valid that it wont be removed from my CR.  I know that having it released is not the same as withdrawn, but I would think it at least looks a smidge better that its paid and released rather than outstanding. No?? 

Getting the second party ie dh off  the tax lien is not as easy as getting  you off. 

Really? Wow I just thought since none of his info is actually on the copy of the lien that it might be easier.... I guess time will tell where it stands... My letter from the state of michigan included a release of lien and said that I can request a "recorded" copy once its filed with the county deed office because they dont update the CRA's.  At least I'm making some progress and learning alot. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 262
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Just over a week until some of us feel like we hit a small lottery! I have 3 liens on each of my reports.  They are from 2009-'11 and most of the SS# digits are "xxxx" so I think I'll be included in this. I don't know what I'll get but will be happy with at least 10 points across the board. The only baddie after the liens is my BK from 2009. 

I don't know if it's this easy to pull up a copy of liens online. I was able to access them through the local registry of deeds website. I just searched for my name. That allowed me to view everything. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 54 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

In most states the CB use a 3rd party vendor like Lexus Nexus to collect liens and judgmments.  There seems to be not so good at  communication between them. We have been through it all to get a Federal Tax Lien due to id fraud removed. Getting the withdrawal was the easy part. Getting it removed from my reports not so easy Getting it removed from DW impossible with Equifax. I have the withdrawal, I have a letter from L/N saying it is deleted but Equifax still says L/N is reporting it. I have been all through Equifax with the CFPB and they still can't get it right. I will probably file suit against them. DW some how has a good score with Equifax way over 700. 

Message 55 of 262
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

Just over a week until some of us feel like we hit a small lottery! I have 3 liens on each of my reports.  They are from 2009-'11 and most of the SS# digits are "xxxx" so I think I'll be included in this. I don't know what I'll get but will be happy with at least 10 points across the board. The only baddie after the liens is my BK from 2009. 

I don't know if it's this easy to pull up a copy of liens online. I was able to access them through the local registry of deeds website. I just searched for my name. That allowed me to view everything. 

Yeah, my big question is even with this how they know if it's the right data; name and SSN are pretty easy to match on for the bureaus, the rest though?

Vis a vis my court reference number is different on each of the bureaus but the right everything else; like how does that ever happen?  At least on TU it was a valid reference number, but the record the court pulled with said number: not mine.  

I don't know, I have hope for NCAP, if not, EX I think whacks in September anyway according to them, EQ somewhat similar.  2010 lien paid 2011, but it's been a long walk finally coming to a conclusion.

        
Message 56 of 262
koolerthanmost
Valued Member

Public Record Changes Will be Effective the Week of July 10th (Tax Lien Removal)

Many of you are aware of the upcoming public record changes that will affect tax liens and civil judgements, but no one has been able to pinpoint the timeframe of the exact change. On July 1st the CRAs must start to follow the guildlines agreed upon in 2015, however the timetable public record data belonging to those affected has mostly been assumptions. According to the article below: "During the week of July 10, 2017, the CRAs will remove from their databases previously collected public record data that does not meet the enhanced PII standards." PII refers to: "Minimum consumer identifying information (name, address, social security number and/or date of birth)." Personally, I have one lien that I'm still paying through a payment plan with the DOR and two that are paid and released. Given this, I am eager to have this data which does not meet the minimum standards permanately removed from my credit file. 

https://www.birchwoodcreditservices.com/about/news/public-record-reporting-changes-coming-july-1st

Message 57 of 262
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Public Record Changes Will be Effective the Week of July 10th (Tax Lien Removal)

@koolerthanmost wrote:

Many of you are aware of the upcoming public record changes that will affect tax liens and civil judgements, but no one has been able to pinpoint the timeframe of the exact change. On July 1st the CRAs must start to follow the guildlines agreed upon in 2015, however the timetable public record data belonging to those affected has mostly been assumptions. According to the article below: "During the week of July 10, 2017, the CRAs will remove from their databases previously collected public record data that does not meet the enhanced PII standards." PII refers to: "Minimum consumer identifying information (name, address, social security number and/or date of birth)." Personally, I have one lien that I'm still paying through a payment plan with the DOR and two that are paid and released. Given this, I am eager to have this data which does not meet the minimum standards permanately removed from my credit file. 

https://www.birchwoodcreditservices.com/about/news/public-record-reporting-changes-coming-july-1st

Ah well, what's 10 more days on six years Cat Tongue

Thanks for the heads up!

        
Message 58 of 262
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Finally! News on Tax Liens and Civil Judgments

Starting July 1, WooHoo, 5 days away. Your credit may soon look better!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/business/dealbook/your-credit-score-may-soon-look-better.html?...

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 59 of 262
drmceo
Contributor

Re: Finally! News on Tax Liens and Civil Judgments

I called EQ and transunion to see if they could confirm or deny if the judgements on my report qualify, BUT the rep wasnt from here and had no clue what I was saying. So the waiting game continues.

Message 60 of 262
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.