Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

So, while posting in a thread on this topic in Rebuilding Credit, I went to check the most recent Transunion and Experian credit reports I have to hand (I don't have one from Equifax at this time because they stink at giving online reports via annualcreditreport, I'm going to have to write them and ask for a paper copy). I also went to my local jurisdiction's court records system and looked up the case by its number. The information there, which is presumably the same information that the CRA's pulled for their reports, is pretty barebones; all it has is my name, and none of the other information required under the new guidelines (address plus DOB and/or SSN). Going from what I know, therefore, I believe I am to infer that that particular public record (not my BK, though, worse luck) will be disappearing from my reports this month. I just checked Experian online and as of today that PR is still there, but I'm given to understand according to the latest information that credit reports will actually start being updated/changed after July 9th. Am I on the right track here?

Message 91 of 262
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, while posting in a thread on this topic in Rebuilding Credit, I went to check the most recent Transunion and Experian credit reports I have to hand (I don't have one from Equifax at this time because they stink at giving online reports via annualcreditreport, I'm going to have to write them and ask for a paper copy). I also went to my local jurisdiction's court records system and looked up the case by its number. The information there, which is presumably the same information that the CRA's pulled for their reports, is pretty barebones; all it has is my name, and none of the other information required under the new guidelines (address plus DOB and/or SSN). Going from what I know, therefore, I believe I am to infer that that particular public record (not my BK, though, worse luck) will be disappearing from my reports this month. I just checked Experian online and as of today that PR is still there, but I'm given to understand according to the latest information that credit reports will actually start being updated/changed after July 9th. Am I on the right track here?

That is the current story...yes.

As for reality, we shall all find out together.  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 92 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

After the 9th seems to be the new date.  I think alot of people got them removed in the past 6 or so months.  it is not a law it was a court settlement. 

Message 93 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

All this waiting for the 10th is driving me crazy, short trip! Can't wait to see what happens. I have 2 Tax Liens from the state that are "released" aka paid, due to come off in May and June of 2018. They are for the same thing, just two different counties filed in as we had to move after we lost our house in 2010. (Husband had lost his job.) Wouldn't mind if they came off tonight with the updates. Also have a Civil Judgement from Cap1, also to come off Nov (?) of 2018, wouldn't mind that thing disappearing either. Not sure how to check to see if the SSN, Name, Birthday, etc. are correctly reported. Don't even know where to look. I did pull some paper work from each of the courts, although I'm not seeing anything but the case numbers and my name. So either I'm not pulling the entire correct info or I'm just not seeing what everyone is speaking of. 

Message 94 of 262
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure how to check to see if the SSN, Name, Birthday, etc. are correctly reported. Don't even know where to look. I did pull some paper work from each of the courts, although I'm not seeing anything but the case numbers and my name. So either I'm not pulling the entire correct info or I'm just not seeing what everyone is speaking of. 

The case number will be listed for each item in the Public Records section of your credit report. You can take those numbers to your county recorder's office and ask for a printout of the lien/judgment filings. Mine charges 15 cents per page, so you might want to bring some change. I did this myself last week to verify if mine was missing the required info. It was, but it hasn't been removed yet.

Message 95 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

No can do, I currently live 1500 miles away from there. I think I can do it over the Internet. But that's what I meant was I wasn't pulling the correct papers, as I only was pulling the log from the court, not the actual papers filed. .....

Message 96 of 262
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I just pulled my public report. I just love this online access and it was only 50 cents to download the document. This is the first time I have ever put 50 cents on a debit card. Too hilarious. 😂 So it has my name and an address I lived at 8 years ago but not my SSN or Bday. Hopefully, we'll see results tomorrow on the Credit Bureaus but I have a sinking feeling it's going to take a couple of weeks before stuff starts happening. So disappointing when we were geared up for July 1st. Sure hope I'm wrong and it will be tomorrow.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 97 of 262
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
I just pulled my public report. I just love this online access and it was only 50 cents to download the document. This is the first time I have ever put 50 cents on a debit card. Too hilarious. 😂 So it has my name and an address I lived at 8 years ago but not my SSN or Bday. Hopefully, we'll see results tomorrow on the Credit Bureaus but I have a sinking feeling it's going to take a couple of weeks before stuff starts happening. So disappointing when we were geared up for July 1st. Sure hope I'm wrong and it will be tomorrow.

Ditto. I'm house shopping, and getting that one paid lien removed would give me three clean reports, boosting my middle mortgage score considerably, so their timeliness could cost me a much better interest rate.

Message 98 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone send me a link to download the record online? Thanks

Message 99 of 262
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I think it depends on your county and state. I just Googled my county circuit court. Example, "Fredrick County MD Circuit Court."

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 100 of 262
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.