Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

tag
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

Re: Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

@SarahJo wrote:

Quick question:  For those of us that have had our CK TU report update to a deleted judgement/lein...has anyone had Ex update with the changes yet?  And on the same note, to anyone who subcribes to MyF, has this change for any CRA triggered an alert/score change on your dashboard?  Just curious :-)

EDIT:  Just pulled my Experian for the free annual and my judgement is no longer on record.

Yes, when my paid and released federal lien was dropped from EQ 5 days ago, I received an alert from MyFICO that stated, "the balance on one of your accounts has increased by $105" and it resulted in a 57 point increase on EQ.  I seriously doubt my 57 point increase had anything to do with one of my balances increasing by $105.

Message 221 of 262
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a state tax lein, paid, on my file for four years now. Happy to say it fell off every single report! I also had an old, invalid collection showing that I paid a different company for years back showing only on Experian. It too dropped off and I have a nice clean file now other than one 5 year old late payment. (One late, but real bad 120 day late)

Sadly, and really shockingly, one score stayed the same and two of them dropped. Like I was at 727 or so and now say 696. Say what?! I went from so happy seeing them having dropped off, to so sad after paying CreditCheckTotal for my new scores.  

I just bought a house but the mortgage has not appeared yet, so will be interesting to watch my scores. They seem very low for my only neg being one late. Almost 20 accounts in good standing, cars loans and such and 6 active credit cards that I am showing $47 usage total on one card with 50k in credit. 5 year average age of account, so I really expect the scores to jump getting rid of my only negs. This did not go as expected, I seem to currently have a strange score for my stats. Literally no other negs at all, and losing the other negs lowered my score. Fail.

That sounds like a pretty clear case of rebucketing. It just means that your credit profile "moved" to a new, slightly nicer neighborhood where it's lower on the totem pole than it was at the old place. It'll bounce back up pretty quickly once it gets established at the new place and invites the new credit profile neighbors over for brats and beers.

(Seriously, though, that 120-late is a biggie. I had one of those - following a string of 30s and 60s - before a card was charged off. I settled with the collector, who did mark it as satisfied, but I didn't know about asking for a "pay for delete" at the time, so my score was held down by those cement shoes until it finally aged off. Each company has its own early exclusion rules, where they'll remove something before its normal age-off date. I'd start looking into that once it hits six years old.)

Message 222 of 262
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Tim_S I had the same alert on TU, that the balance increased (which it didn't) but my score went up (on CK), so odd. Still nothing yet to trigger MF, thanks for the response and satisfying my curiosity!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 223 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a state tax lein, paid, on my file for four years now. Happy to say it fell off every single report! I also had an old, invalid collection showing that I paid a different company for years back showing only on Experian. It too dropped off and I have a nice clean file now other than one 5 year old late payment. (One late, but real bad 120 day late)

Sadly, and really shockingly, one score stayed the same and two of them dropped. Like I was at 727 or so and now say 696. Say what?! I went from so happy seeing them having dropped off, to so sad after paying CreditCheckTotal for my new scores.  

I just bought a house but the mortgage has not appeared yet, so will be interesting to watch my scores. They seem very low for my only neg being one late. Almost 20 accounts in good standing, cars loans and such and 6 active credit cards that I am showing $47 usage total on one card with 50k in credit. 5 year average age of account, so I really expect the scores to jump getting rid of my only negs. This did not go as expected, I seem to currently have a strange score for my stats. Literally no other negs at all, and losing the other negs lowered my score. Fail.

That sounds like a pretty clear case of rebucketing. It just means that your credit profile "moved" to a new, slightly nicer neighborhood where it's lower on the totem pole than it was at the old place. It'll bounce back up pretty quickly once it gets established at the new place and invites the new credit profile neighbors over for brats and beers.

(Seriously, though, that 120-late is a biggie. I had one of those - following a string of 30s and 60s - before a card was charged off. I settled with the collector, who did mark it as satisfied, but I didn't know about asking for a "pay for delete" at the time, so my score was held down by those cement shoes until it finally aged off. Each company has its own early exclusion rules, where they'll remove something before its normal age-off date. I'd start looking into that once it hits six years old.)

Yeah, rebucketing seems like the only answer but man what a disappointment. Even rebucketed that seems low for all the rest of my good credit. Decent AOAA and a pretty thick file with absolutely nothing on it now but that one late. No collections, leins, not even remarks lol! Perfect!  I have tried twice to get the late removed,  but no dice from Cap1. They are my longest aged account, and I still have it with perfect payments since and 0-1 percent usage depending on who I'm letting report. Three more months it turns five, maybe then I will try again.

Just got mortgage last month at least, the new score would have hurt my rate for sure! As my credit was I was stuck at 730 but that was okay though I wanted 760. Guess I keep waiting.

Also, one odd thing, credit karma says I have no missed or late payments. They have like 300 payments and show I'm 300 for 300. CCT sees it though!

Message 224 of 262
koolerthanmost
Valued Member

I'm starting to feel like Transunion, who is usually the most cooroperative of the buereaus is not going to remove my tax liens. Experian removed them over a year ago. Equifax removed them about a week ago, but TU who uses the same public record vendor as the others (Lexis Nexis) has done nothing. The paid lien is scheduled to age off my account in December, so it is the lien that I am presently attempting to resolve that I am anxious to have removed. I realize that I'm preaching to the choir, but it would be nice to catch a break.

Message 225 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@koolerthanmost wrote:

I'm starting to feel like Transunion, who is usually the most cooroperative of the buereaus is not going to remove my tax liens. Experian removed them over a year ago. Equifax removed them about a week ago, but TU who uses the same public record vendor as the others (Lexis Nexis) has done nothing. The paid lien is scheduled to age off my account in December, so it is the lien that I am presently attempting to resolve that I am anxious to have removed. I realize that I'm preaching to the choir, but it would be nice to catch a break.

Try dealing with L/N directly.  In our id fraud case that resulted in a tax lien  Equifax kept saying L/N had the record and it turns out they did not. They then put that in writing and send that to CFPB and Equifax and instant removal.

Message 226 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I've been waiting not so patiently for my paid Federal Tax Lien to be removed. It does not have DOB and only has the last 4 of my social. So if I understand correctly it should be removed. Is there a downside to disputing its inclusion on the reports? In other words I've lost patience!

Message 227 of 262
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I've been waiting not so patiently for my paid Federal Tax Lien to be removed. It does not have DOB and only has the last 4 of my social. So if I understand correctly it should be removed. Is there a downside to disputing its inclusion on the reports? In other words I've lost patience!

Hi Loop

Like you, my DOB and only the last 4 digits of my SSN appear on my VA Fed Tax Lien. It has dropped off of EX (+59pt), but not EQ and TU. I thought about disputing but I'm a scaredy cat because I would hate to dispute and then IRS update the information. So, I've decided I'm going to wait it out.

But, I hope that anyone who has taken this route would chime in with their results.

GL to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 228 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Loop

Like you, my DOB and only the last 4 digits of my SSN appear on my VA Fed Tax Lien. It has dropped off of EX (+59pt), but not EQ and TU. I thought about disputing but I'm a scaredy cat because I would hate to dispute and then IRS update the information. So, I've decided I'm going to wait it out.

But, I hope that anyone who has taken this route would chime in with their results.

GL to you.

Decided to dispute with Experian. That is my lowest score (699) with EQ at 715 and TU at 739. Experian gave me 1 measly point today for reducing a creditcare balance that puts my total o/s on all credit cards at 8%. Down from 14% on total. One stingy point! So if the dispute backfires at least it is on my lowest score not middle score (thinking about refinancing my mortgage). Will see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Message 229 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Loop

GL to you.

I disputed a released lien with TU and it came back today as verified and updated. Only last 4 of SSN and no DOB on documents.

Message 230 of 262
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.