Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

I was one that wasn't lucky enough to have them removed. Paid tax lien from 2011 (file date), paid in 2013 though, reports to both EQ and TU, and Ive tried for 4 years to get it removed. EXP removed it immediately 4 yrs ago though. Smiley Sad

So, looks like Im stuck with it till 2020. Smiley Sad
Message 251 of 262
masscredit
Valued Contributor

My final lien was removed last week.  It was on my EQ report. I didn't know if it would be removed because it's linked to a business that I closed 7 1/2 years ago.   Had to dispute that one and it's gone!   The last bad mark on my reports is my BK. That will be gen in 22 months. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 252 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I've been waiting not so patiently for my paid Federal Tax Lien to be removed. It does not have DOB and only has the last 4 of my social. So if I understand correctly it should be removed. Is there a downside to disputing its inclusion on the reports? In other words I've lost patience!

Hi Loop

Like you, my DOB and only the last 4 digits of my SSN appear on my VA Fed Tax Lien. It has dropped off of EX (+59pt), but not EQ and TU. I thought about disputing but I'm a scaredy cat because I would hate to dispute and then IRS update the information. So, I've decided I'm going to wait it out.

But, I hope that anyone who has taken this route would chime in with their results.

GL to you.

I disputed a released lien with TU and it came back today as verified and updated. Only last 4 of SSN and no DOB on documents.

All they did was verify the lien exists, they didn't even check to see if the new rules under the NCAP applied because they profess no knowledge of it. You need to go to www.consumerfinance.gov and enter the dispute through their website. They are the governmental agency that started the ball rolling on the NCAP and are in charge of making sure that the CAs are only reporting what they should. You'll see some action when the CFPB comes knocking with a complaint and request for action.

I've submitted a complaint and will update with the outcome. Thanks again for your advice!

Message 253 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I've been waiting not so patiently for my paid Federal Tax Lien to be removed. It does not have DOB and only has the last 4 of my social. So if I understand correctly it should be removed. Is there a downside to disputing its inclusion on the reports? In other words I've lost patience!

Hi Loop

Like you, my DOB and only the last 4 digits of my SSN appear on my VA Fed Tax Lien. It has dropped off of EX (+59pt), but not EQ and TU. I thought about disputing but I'm a scaredy cat because I would hate to dispute and then IRS update the information. So, I've decided I'm going to wait it out.

But, I hope that anyone who has taken this route would chime in with their results.

GL to you.

I disputed a released lien with TU and it came back today as verified and updated. Only last 4 of SSN and no DOB on documents.

All they did was verify the lien exists, they didn't even check to see if the new rules under the NCAP applied because they profess no knowledge of it. You need to go to www.consumerfinance.gov and enter the dispute through their website. They are the governmental agency that started the ball rolling on the NCAP and are in charge of making sure that the CAs are only reporting what they should. You'll see some action when the CFPB comes knocking with a complaint and request for action.

I've submitted a complaint and will update with the outcome. Thanks again for your advice!

Gardener - if you dont mind me asking what kind, if any, proof did you submit with your complaint?  Do we just need to upload a copy of our lien?  Also can you file a complaint for multiple CRA's at one time or do you need to submit a seperate one for each?  

Thanks for any info you may have. Another week goes by and I just updated credit karma... EQ is still the only one to remove my lien.... 

Message 254 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Loop

GL to you.

Gardener - if you dont mind me asking what kind, if any, proof did you submit with your complaint?  Do we just need to upload a copy of our lien?  Also can you file a complaint for multiple CRA's at one time or do you need to submit a seperate one for each?  

Thanks for any info you may have. Another week goes by and I just updated credit karma... EQ is still the only one to remove my lien.... 

No problem Smiley Happy  I went to the courthouse to make sure there weren't any docuements that weren't showing up on their online portal, so I would have all documentation concerning the issue. I obtained a copy of the lien and the release of lien. In my case, it was only two pages. Neither have DOB and only have partial SSN listed as XXX-XX-1234. I uploaded them to the complaint (had also sent them to TU with my dispute). You may submit for multiple companies at one time. Personally, I'm impatient, hence the TU dispute. I'm glad I did though, because they apparently had no intention of removing it. I called on August 7 and they told me, "All the ones that qualified for removal were taken off by July 31st". However, that person may simply been a misinformed TU rep and have no idea what they're talking about. If you have already disputed with EQ, I would go ahead and file the complaint.

Message 255 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Loop

GL to you.

No problem Smiley Happy  I went to the courthouse to make sure there weren't any docuements that weren't showing up on their online portal, so I would have all documentation concerning the issue. I obtained a copy of the lien and the release of lien. In my case, it was only two pages. Neither have DOB and only have partial SSN listed as XXX-XX-1234. I uploaded them to the complaint (had also sent them to TU with my dispute). You may submit for multiple companies at one time. Personally, I'm impatient, hence the TU dispute. I'm glad I did though, because they apparently had no intention of removing it. I called on August 7 and they told me, "All the ones that qualified for removal were taken off by July 31st". However, that person may simply been a misinformed TU rep and have no idea what they're talking about. If you have already disputed with EQ, I would go ahead and file the complaint.

Great. Thank you.  That is exactly how mine looks.  I have a copy of the lien and checked last month with the clerks office to ensure I had the correct copy.  I also have the letter from the state with the release of the lien since it has been paid in full.  I do not have a copy of the recorded copy of the lien so I will need to check on that.  Thank you and good luck Smiley Happy

Message 256 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Loop

GL to you.

You may have to use a different avenue than going through the Transunion website if you've disputed in the past with no positive results. I've also witnessed those that got stone walled by the call center have the lien "magically" fall off a few weeks later. If your dispute fails, try going through the NCPB at their website: www.consumerfinance.gov. I have had three very stubborn items removed when using their dispute portal rather than approaching the CB direct. 

Message 257 of 262
hellomoto

Complaining to CFPB works! After disputing with Transunion three times only to have the dreaded "verified" letter I complained through the CFPB website citing that the federal tax liens did not have complete SS numbers and should be removed, they sent me an email today saying that they had deleted all three liens.  FICO went from 720 to 740. 

Message 258 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Indiana tax lien was finally removed from Equifax. I think it was due to my giving up hope that they would do it on their own - so I disputed it "as not mine" early last week. Looks like it was removed on Friday 8/25. My FICO score alert showed a +34 point increase in my Equifax FICO score. 

Message 259 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

My federal tax lien was removed from from EX and EQ. One of them removed it without any action on my part in July. The other I submitted a dispute and it was removed pretty quickly. TU, however, just came back with a validation of the lien. So I filed a complaint with the CFPB and TU said they validated it after my dispute, but upon looking further at my account and other information, they have removed it. Now it's gone from all three bureaus.

Message 260 of 262
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.