Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Jam: Ford Down 35% And Toyota Down 32%

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Sales Jam: Ford Down 35% And Toyota Down 32%

It looks as though the credit crunch is killing the automotive sector. Many dealerships cannot get financing and they cannot sell cars because banks won't lend to consumers.

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a38DBL6ufMgw&refer=home

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sales Jam: Ford Down 35% And Toyota Down 32%

Dammit .... how long do you think before they start slashing MORE jobs? Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Now it's bad news everyday, all day. I'm terrifed of where all of this is heading. This bailout probably won't help...it's FAR to small.
Message 3 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Hang on to your hat.  And your wallet!  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:
Now it's bad news everyday, all day. I'm terrifed of where all of this is heading. This bailout probably won't help...it's FAR to small.

I dunno ... I'm terrified more of what they WILL do than what they won't do. I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a politician made a bad situation any better --- in fact, they usually make it worse.

Not being political here, but just saying that politicians, no matter the party, are loyal to one thing: politics. I just don't see any good coming out of ANY of it. Smiley Sad

But then, I'm in a pessimistic mood today. Just met a nice new family in our complex. Mom, Dad, and two sweet kids under 8yo (and as the Loretta Lynn song goes "One on the Way"). They were foreclosed on last month. Smiley Sad

*sigh*
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.