Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save a Buck: A Chance for Free Credit Monitoring

tag
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Save a Buck: A Chance for Free Credit Monitoring

Not sure if I can post this but I didn't see anything here and thought others might be interested.

If you opened a credit card account, got a car loan or mortgage or used any other line of credit in the past 20 years, you may be eligible for free credit monitoring for up to nine months because of a recent class action lawsuit settlement with TransUnion, one of the three major credit-reporting bureaus.

The plaintiff claims that TransUnion violated federal and state laws by selling private consumer information for marketing purposes.

Under the $75 million settlement, TransUnion will provide free credit monitoring, including unlimited access to your credit report and TransUnion credit score (not the more commonly used FICO score), plus the ability to block third parties from viewing your credit history. You qualify if you had an open credit account or an open line of credit from a registered subscriber with a credit bureau between Jan. 1, 1987, and May 28, 2008.

You can choose from two options—six months of credit monitoring valued at nearly $60 and the possibility of getting an additional cash settlement, or nine months valued at $115, which has more services but disqualifies you from a cash settlement.

To receive either, register before Sept. 24 at www.listclassaction.com or call ?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = SKYPE />              1-866-416-3470        toll free.

Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Save a Buck: A Chance for Free Credit Monitoring

Speaking of this, it seems like I signed up months ago! Where is my monitoring?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Save a Buck: A Chance for Free Credit Monitoring

If I am not mistaken, the final verdict on this will not be handed down until the end of this month.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.