Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears has 'substantial doubt' that it can survive

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Sears has 'substantial doubt' that it can survive

I will never forget as a kid there was a sign around Christmas time in the Sears store on Long Island saying if you paid $3(not sure, so long ago), Santa would give your kid a gift.

Sorry for the people who will loose their jobs but the compay itself should have gone a long time ago.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 14
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

My parents bought me my first suit at Sears. It was a navy blue suit back in 1982... It was an old 2 story Sears in El Monte, CA.

That property was converted to the famous Longo Toyota dealership. 

Good times...

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marty56 wrote:

I will never forget as a kid there was a sign around Christmas time in the Sears store on Long Island saying if you paid $3(not sure, so long ago), Santa would give your kid a gift.

Sorry for the people who will loose their jobs but the compay itself should have gone a long time ago.

Share your comments! Sears like Montgomery Wards (I worked there at one time) gave the impression they knew best what we needed for products and what to purchase. As we all know the retail business is ever evolving. Sears still clung to the old ideas they would guide our buying habits. Many who were tolerant to a point finally drifted away and Sears and KMart face the end (most unfortuante). Many on this board are pretty welled schooled in the latest on the retail industry and likely there will be more major shakes revolving around JC Penney's and Macy's possibly Kohl's. Seems retail is moving faster than the big guys. Even Walmart has had to drop back and punt bringing them to e-commerce. The future of Target is unwritten but they will need to stay in snyc with tastes or they will hit the list of dinosaurs. Interesting my title is Dinosaur and I have seen a lot but never anything like is happening today!!! Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

My parents bought me my first suit at Sears. It was a navy blue suit back in 1982... It was an old 2 story Sears in El Monte, CA.

That property was converted to the famous Longo Toyota dealership. 

Good times...

Yup, am from that area know it well.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.