Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secret credit score

tag
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Secret credit score

Here's the link to an article that I just read on msn money about "secret" credit scores and how we should get our lawmakers to make it so that we as consumers get the rights we deserve when it comes to our credit.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/ConsumerActionGuide/tell-congress-no-more-secret-...

Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Secret credit score

@nmorton79 wrote:

Here's the link to an article that I just read on msn money about "secret" credit scores and how we should get our lawmakers to make it so that we as consumers get the rights we deserve when it comes to our credit.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/ConsumerActionGuide/tell-congress-no-more-secret-...

I agree!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 2 of 4
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Good article.  Not only should we have a right to see the scores, but I have long believed that we should have the right to know the minimum score requirement before applying for any credit account or loan.  Why waste and inquiry on something when you could have determined for your yourself before you even applied that you will not meet the score requirements.  This would also save money for the creditors since they would not have to weed through as many applications.  If creditors/lenders are not going to be up-front about their minimum score requirements, then we should not be punished for having inquiries on our report.
Message 3 of 4
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Excellent article and I agree 100%.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.