cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartMoney: Why the Credit Bureaus Can't Get It Right

tag
mrreynolds

SmartMoney: Why the Credit Bureaus Can't Get It Right

I don't know if this in circulation. I just wanted to share an interesting article that I found on the procedures of the CRA's.

SmartMoney Article 

New York Times Article

How NYC handles CA debt validation: 

NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs Pages 3 & 5

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: EQU 616
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: SmartMoney: Why the Credit Bureaus Can't Get It Right

You have to wonder if one regulated public non-profit agency wouldn't be better than several unpredictable private for-profit agencies.

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SmartMoney: Why the Credit Bureaus Can't Get It Right

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

You have to wonder if one regulated public non-profit agency wouldn't be better than several unpredictable private for-profit agencies.

I'd give it a 7% chance of being successful within a decade, and maybe 19% of being successful within two decades of the project start.   That's after tremendous cost overruns too; infrastructure historically is just not something the government does well and it's likely to get worse before it gets better as well.  Forking over a bunch of tax dollars to Deloitte, Ernst, Accenture et al for yet another suboptimal system, pass.

Open market almost always does better: I'd rather have the banks and CRA's competing to get it right rather than take it out of their hands.  It's not ideal now, but I just don't think the government would get it right either.  Lessons learned private sector takes eons to be learned in the public one.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.