Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South Carolina Cyber Attack - SC Department of Revenue

tag
bahbahd
Established Contributor

South Carolina Cyber Attack - SC Department of Revenue

South Carolina Cyber Attack — Information for Consumers

The South Carolina Department of Revenue announced on October 26, 2012 that approximately 3.6 million Social Security numbers and 387,000 credit and debit card numbers have been exposed in a cyber attack.

Enroll in Free Credit Monitoring and Identity Protection

The state is paying for taxpayers to receive identity protection services from Experian for one year. Anyone who has filed a South Carolina tax return since 1998 is urged to enroll, either online or by phone. To register by phone, call 1-866-578-5422. The hotline is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekends and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays. To register online, go to protectmyid.com/scdor and use the code "SCDOR123."

Important Note: In the event that the generic activation code SCDOR123 is ineffective, please call the hotline number referenced above.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: South Carolina Cyber Attack - SC Department of Revenue

Yikes.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 6
DaveinSC
Contributor

Ayup, that's been MOST of the news on our local TV stations here in Columbia...the blame game between the Governor and the head of the Office of Cyber Security for the SC  Dep't of Revenue, who very recently resigned, effective Dec. 31, 2012.

EQ: 850 (01/2018)
TU: 830 (1/2018)
EXP: 825 (06/2018)
USAA Sig. VISA (7.25%) - AMEX Zync (NPSL)- AMEX Everyday (14.99%)- NFCU VISA Signature (10.65%) - Simmons First National Bank VISA (8.25%) - Citi Thank You Rewards Mastercard (12.65%)-USAA "Limitless" Cashback Rewards VISA Signature (14.45%)-AMEX Cash Magnet (13.25%)
Message 3 of 6
awal
Regular Contributor

It would probably be smart of him/her to resign now. Folks in SC have to be insisting that on a resignation now.
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 4 of 6
battles11
Established Member

Hmm I have a paid tax lien in sc wonder if I could somehow use this to my advantage in getting them to delete it lol.
Message 5 of 6
awal
Regular Contributor

@battles11 wrote:
Hmm I have a paid tax lien in sc wonder if I could somehow use this to my advantage in getting them to delete it lol.

Unlikely, but there is no harm in trying.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.