Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speculation intensifies over WaMu-JPMorgan combo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speculation intensifies over WaMu-JPMorgan combo

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/2008/01/21/daily13.html

Market chatter about JPMorgan Chase & Co. acquiring Washington Mutual Inc. picked up over the year's first three-day weekend, given the mortgage turmoil and the industry's tradition of using long weekends to wrap up mergers.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Speculation intensifies over WaMu-JPMorgan combo

Yikes!!!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
Yikes!!!

My sentiments exactly. The same thoughts probably crossed the minds of BofA customers BEFORE NationsBank acquired them and their good name, then sullied it.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone care to speculate on what effects we might expect to see in their credit card division, if the deal goes through?

I know what WaMu did to me after they bought out Providian. Hope the same thing doesn't happen.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a $400 CL CC from Chase, and I only got the card because I reconned them.

DW and I each have a WAMU CC. While they haven't given us CLIs, we do get low APR BT offers in the mail about every month. Was 4.9%. Now they are offering 1.9%

Chase is the Grinch of CLs.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted this over in the Credit Card forum but will repost here.
According to the first article one of the reasons that JPMorgan may buy WaMu is for their low income credit card program. I hope that means if the merger does happen they will not mess with the accounts of those who treat them responsibly.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.