Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

Stay-at-Home Spouses Will Once Again Get the Credit They Deserve

Stay-at-Home Spouses Will Once Again Get the Credit They Deserve
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/09/24/stay-at-home-spouses-will-once-again-get-the-credit-they-dese...

Stay-at-home parents getting new credit card rule
http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/24/pf/stay-at-home-parents-credit-card-rule/

"Currently, an amendment to the Federal Reserve's Card Act rules that took effect last October requires credit card issuers to consider applicants' individual income instead of household income when making lending decisions. So stay-at-home moms and dads who rely on a spouse's income may have a harder time getting approved for cards on their own, even if they have perfect credit."

I'm guessing it doesn't matter if you are a parent or simply a spouse. But the thought did occur to me that what if your only individual income is your 401K, how do you specify that monthly in a credit card application? If your spouse is working, you might not even have to turn any of it into income.

Reported credit card debt EQ $0 TU $0 EX $0
Senior Contributor
drkaje

Re: Stay-at-Home Spouses Will Once Again Get the Credit They Deserve

Deserve?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 754 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+