cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subprime Borrowers Find it Easy to Get Credit Cards ...

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Subprime Borrowers Find it Easy to Get Credit Cards ...

... but at toy limits and high APR ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/subprime-borrowers-find-it-easy-to-get-credit-cards/a...

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Subprime Borrowers Find it Easy to Get Credit Cards ...

@CreditInspired wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/subprime-borrowers-find-it-easy-to-get-credit-cards/a...

Yeah that's what is the bad thing about it.  And if the credit habits do not change, the borrower is only digging themselves into a much deeper hole Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/subprime-borrowers-find-it-easy-to-get-credit-cards/ar-BBB7ASs?li=AA4Zjn&ocid=spartandhp

Yeah that's what is the bad thing about it.  And if the credit habits do not change, the borrower is only digging themselves into a much deeper hole Smiley Sad

Good thing I have this site to keep me honest, then. Smiley Wink Seriously, with my revolving-credit lines pushing up past the $12K mark as of this past weekend, the temptation is definitely there but my primary thoughts are actually focused on getting outstanding balances down where I can and moving to close my secured card once I get it paid down/BT'ed so that I can remove that no-longer-really-needed account, get my deposit back, etc. It also helps that I've been warned off dangerous things like getting too enthusiastic with the SCT as well as the really bad/junk subprime cards, and have made substantial progress on getting the cards I actually do want.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG you said line(S)...plural... Just how many cards do you have pushing the 12k mark? I know how that feels. I have 7k max on my CSP and I made mistake and flexed it to 10k. UGH! I wish these flex cards were more like bank debits, whereas your limit will stop there and anything else trying to come thru, hits an instant denial. I think Banks are partly to blame as well. Of course the consumer should be aware, but the banks are banking on their A+ prime people to keep them in business, while most of those A+ are going deeeper into that sink hole themselves.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.