Re: TD Bank is taking over Nordstrom U.S. CC Portfolio

Been denied for a TD card. ..... guess I finally got in Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

Well, that's going to be pointless to get a $200 Nordstrom card...even at Nordstrom Rack, that ain't going to get you much! 

Nordstrom is HUGE on customer service too...have a feeling credit services will go down the tube..

One shoe?  Or maybe the heel of a shoe?  

That's what your BCP is for anyway Sandi!

I actually didn't realize I got 3% at Nordstroms on that card until looking recently at benefits, it's listed under select department stores for when I go pick up that $500 pair of shoes.

More on topic: while I agree TD bank isn't known for limits, different products have different limits on them.  Hard to say on this one but given there's so many options for department store rewards vs. the 2% flat seemed like the Nordstrom's card offers not sure it affects a lot of people though I don't know how far down the credit strata department store rewards go typically.

        
Message 13 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bobbay wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Anyone else see this? 

Pretty crazy to me...I doubt they are really going to loosen up their U/W policies and grant larger CL's...but they need to (Nordstrom isn't Target LOL)

http://www.wsj.com/articles/td-bank-to-buy-nordstrom-u-s-credit-card-portfolio-1432649121

I had just read this.

Is it me or are all the banks buying back up all the credit card portfolio's.  It seems all the big banks are buying/taking credit cards back on the balancesheet of the bank.  From that I mean card management.  They will always package and securitize off the portfolios.

???

They are.  Given how low interest rates have been, credit cards are where the money is at these days.

I agree and anticipate the trend to continue as I think this is a big shift occuring.  I am curious what how it will change as many accounts will end up under different risk management programs once the service agreements transition to the big banks and how it will affect us?  I was not around in 2007-2008 and am curious how many TL's vaporized due to big bank risk management.

Most of the conservative wisdom found on this forum was directly from that time and people's tradelines being obliterated.  Only been within the last year or two where that old advice finally was mostly abandoned given how loose the credit market is currently.  Just my impressions having read this forum for a while.

        
Message 14 of 17
bobbay
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Anyone else see this? 

Pretty crazy to me...I doubt they are really going to loosen up their U/W policies and grant larger CL's...but they need to (Nordstrom isn't Target LOL)

http://www.wsj.com/articles/td-bank-to-buy-nordstrom-u-s-credit-card-portfolio-1432649121

I had just read this.

Is it me or are all the banks buying back up all the credit card portfolio's.  It seems all the big banks are buying/taking credit cards back on the balancesheet of the bank.  From that I mean card management.  They will always package and securitize off the portfolios.

???

They are.  Given how low interest rates have been, credit cards are where the money is at these days.

I agree and anticipate the trend to continue as I think this is a big shift occuring.  I am curious what how it will change as many accounts will end up under different risk management programs once the service agreements transition to the big banks and how it will affect us?  I was not around in 2007-2008 and am curious how many TL's vaporized due to big bank risk management.

Most of the conservative wisdom found on this forum was directly from that time and people's tradelines being obliterated.  Only been within the last year or two where that old advice finally was mostly abandoned given how loose the credit market is currently.  Just my impressions having read this forum for a while.

this is the wisdom i am seeking

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 15 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm pissed..
Message 16 of 17
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I'm pissed..

If I had a Nordstrom account I would be too, I'll never do biz with TD Bank again. I had a Target Redcard from TD, $1k SL, never could get them to do a CLI so I SD'd it, and they lowered the CL to $200 after a few months so I called them and told them to close the useless account. And I had an account with TD Ameritrade, closed it in 2008 - or thought I did, but I guess I had twenty some cents coming in interest, and they've been mailing me statements for a balance of $0.26 for 7 years, ignoring a couple letters telling them to close it and donate the twenty+ cents to the office party fund. What is it with Canadian banks? (TD= Toronto Dominion) My mortgage was with Marshall & Isley Bank and they were super great on service, and then they were taken over by BMO Harris Bank, who are a royal pain to deal with. (BMO= Bank of Montreal)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.