Senior Contributor

THIS is why you should always be nice to the front line Service Reps

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: THIS is why you should always be nice to the front line Service Reps

@pipeguy wrote:

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/comcast-renames-customer-superbitch-bauer/?mbid=synd_yahootech

Comcast Does It Again and Renames a Customer .....

There is no indication that this person treated the front lines badly.  It may be an indication of Comcast's poor service and worse customers service and professionalism. You have an immature person with the ability to anonymously call people names.

I have Comcast.  The signal is weak and I can no longer use e-fax now that I've moved to Comcast area. In addition, they come up with ways to charge more per month. Instead of being able to hook up my TVs to cable wires in the house, I have to pay for a cable box for each TV set.  Even though I have the box, I can't see the guide unless I pay for the more expensive box. Also the boxes are set per area, but the boxes for my area were setup incorrectly so that there were many channels that I pay for that only came on the more expensive box. I couldn't get WETv until they re-mapped it.

When I called, they kept saying that it must be a channel that I wasn't paying for. When I pointed out that according to the channel Line up that I picked up in their office it was included. but that I only get it on the premium box and not the other three cable boxes I was paying for, they sent someone out (after numerous tests over the line).

My situation was resolved, but that was because I was adamant and paying for four boxes where I can test everything. Fortunately, it didn't require 39 calls.  However, I could have gotten bad technicians who wouldn't have figured out that the boxes for entire County were not setup correctly.  I guarantee you that they haven't informed all the other customers or gone out of their way to re-map the other customer's boxes.  

I'm also sure that there are other channels that don't show, but those channels don't hold interest for me so I'm unaware of them. Perhaps that's one of the reasons that don't have guides on the less expensive boxes.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/comcast-renames-customer-superbitch-bauer/?mbid=synd_yahootech

There is no indication that this person treated the front lines badly.  It may be an indication of Comcast's poor service and worse customers service and professionalism. You have an immature person with the ability to anonymously call people names.

I have Comcast.  The signal is weak and I can no longer use e-fax now that I've moved to Comcast area. In addition, they come up with ways to charge more per month. Instead of being able to hook up my TVs to cable wires in the house, I have to pay for a cable box for each TV set.  Even though I have the box, I can't see the guide unless I pay for the more expensive box. Also the boxes are set per area, but the boxes for my area were setup incorrectly so that there were many channels that I pay for that only came on the more expensive box. I couldn't get WETv until they re-mapped it.

When I called, they kept saying that it must be a channel that I wasn't paying for. When I pointed out that according to the channel Line up that I picked up in their office it was included. but that I only get it on the premium box and not the other three cable boxes I was paying for, they sent someone out (after numerous tests over the line).

My situation was resolved, but that was because I was adamant and paying for four boxes where I can test everything. Fortunately, it didn't require 39 calls.  However, I could have gotten bad technicians who wouldn't have figured out that the boxes for entire County were not setup correctly.  I guarantee you that they haven't informed all the other customers or gone out of their way to re-map the other customer's boxes.  

I'm also sure that there are other channels that don't show, but those channels don't hold interest for me so I'm unaware of them. Perhaps that's one of the reasons that don't have guides on the less expensive boxes.

If you have Digital tuners on your TV's (Most any LCD made in the last 6+ years), Why is a box required? -- I can understand wanting a guide but for no guide, no box is needed.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Comcast did this to me, I would wear it as a badge of honor. I would also add a memo to each of my payments to them, but that's a different story...I wonder if she could send the bills back to them as they are clearly not in her name?

Message 4 of 10
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

If you have Digital tuners on your TV's (Most any LCD made in the last 6+ years), Why is a box required? -- I can understand wanting a guide but for no guide, no box is needed.

Yes; I have digital tuners.  I purchased three new HD TVs when I got the new house.  I already had one, but decided to buy a bigger TV for the media room and digital for the other rooms.  Comcast has some type of new wiring and signal so that you can't just hook up directly to the cable, it's like you need a decoder or scrambling device. Because I'm a new customer that's the type of signal they send to my house.  I'm sure that they'll eventually roll it out to everyone as people upgrade through over the years.  I think it's a roll out with the new X1. It's inconvenient, because I have to pay for an extra box in the guest room and Den (rooms that are rarely used to watch TV because we have a media room). But because of that extra expense, I insist on getting the channels I pay for and watch on these little boxes.

I may go through my channel line-up guide, at some point, to make sure I'm getting all the channels I pay for, not just the ones that I absolutely watch on a regular basis.

Message 5 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I am NOT supporting Comcast, I'd go without service before I'd ever go back with them - that said if you read the article she called 39 times, each time I'm sure it was noted - some CSR just enough of this "customer".

My point, rather than a discussion of Concast, was that CSR's can and do comment on your file for internal use - you might feel better taking it all out on some CRS, but it might end up costing you in the long term - and I'm not talking just changing your account name to "whatever". 

I thought the story was amusing and insightful - obviously some thought it was just an opening to bust on Comcast.....fair enough, but not the point.

Message 6 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy wrote:

I am NOT supporting Comcast, I'd go without service before I'd ever go back with them - that said if you read the article she called 39 times, each time I'm sure it was noted - some CSR just enough of this "customer".

My point, rather than a discussion of Concast, was that CSR's can and do comment on your file for internal use - you might feel better taking it all out on some CRS, but it might end up costing you in the long term - and I'm not talking just changing your account name to "whatever". 

I thought the story was amusing and insightful - obviously some thought it was just an opening to bust on Comcast.....fair enough, but not the point.

Don't discount the worker's being disgruntled at Comcast too.

If you're planning on leaving / getting fired anyway, might as well do it colorfully; I find it virtually inconceivable that the individual didn't know of the prior issue... article mentions one from 10 years ago and now two in roughly as many weeks?  Yeah, OK.

Anyway I do agree with your point; if people managed to get to senor Dell's office back in the day (2 decades ago), if it was a technical issue and late in the day a non-trivial number of those came to my cubicle... usually we'd screwed up somewhere but looking at the logs there was plenty to blame the customer for too in many cases.  Customer logs are generally free form, and a customer is not always right, and certainly doesn't always behave well.  Just based on my own experiences, 39 calls, it wasn't just Comcast that was attempting to hump a basketball on this one.

        
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comcast SUCKS.

Message 8 of 10
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

My point was that calling 39 times does not mean that she was a PITA.  If they never fixed her problem and she kept having problems, then she kept calling. Rediculous I know.  But when my health insurance wouldn't pay my bill, I kept calling the health insurance company and the hospital.  I tried the Department of Insurance, but since I worked for a Government agency at the time, the Department of Insurance stated that the govt is actually self-insured (even if your card says Blue Cross); thus I just couldn't think of any other steps to take and kept repeating them.

After I retired and had time to think, I came up with another option and finally got it cleared up.  My point is that the only option she could come up with at the time may have been to call.  They could have been sick of getting her calls, but nothing says she became beligerent or was a nasty client.

Some people are mean and abuse their power, whatever it is.  I'm going to give you a story that I'm not proud of, to document my point.

I was a manager with a govt agency. A client called complaining about a worker and stated that they had no money or food but their worker had told them that they were never to call above her or she would make them pay.  If they had a problem, they just had to wait until she got around to it. The worker advised them that if they called above her, the work would just be given back to her and she would make sure to not do it  to get back at anyone who called and complained about her. The client begged me to not let the worker know that they had called, but to please help them.

I advised the supervisor of the worker to make sure that the client's case was reviewed and be sure to take care of it.  I told the supervisor to make it a priority and keep it controlled at her desk. The supervisor insisted that the worker was their best worker and that they never received complaints on that worker. I told the supervisor to control it and make sure it was done within 2 weeks.

It wasn't done. Over a month later the client called me again. I felt horrible.  I walked it to the supervisor's desk and told her to get it done that very day.  The worker later got a job as a school teacher.  I advised the supervisor that since she continued to insist that the worker in question was her best worker, none of that workers cases would be transferred to the rest of the division.  Her unit could transfer the full # of cases that the worker had, but not from that workers cases. The minute the paperwork went out showing that the worker's cases had a new worker, every client on the caseload called with their issues.

My point is that the worker was mean and used her power viciously.  It had nothing to do with how the clients behaved.  I had told the supervisor to review the initial case and to review a sample of the worker's cases.  I didn't follow through close enough and people were hurt, because a mean-spirited person had power over them.

I worked for that agency for 30 years so I have plenty of stories where the clients were PITA and plenty where they were victimized by their workers or just received poor service.  I also have plenty of stories of great workers who were accused unjustly.  However, without more information, you can't jump to a conclusion of what caused a reaction. 

Message 9 of 10
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If Comcast did this to me, I would wear it as a badge of honor. I would also add a memo to each of my payments to them, but that's a different story...I wonder if she could send the bills back to them as they are clearly not in her name?

Or write a check and sign it 'SuperBitch' Bauer?

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.