Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target offers FREE one year from experian

tag
wreith
Frequent Contributor

Re: Target offers FREE one year from experian

@JeffM wrote:

We won't be billed automatically after the one year, will we? Or will the protection just lapse automatically

From the FAQ   https://corporate.target.com/about/payment-card-issue/credit-monitoring-FAQ   Will I be automatically re-enrolled after one year?  No. After 12 months, those who register have the option to continue their ProtectMyID memberships at their own expense.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 11 of 53
hilarybanks
Valued Member

Thanks for the info! I was just checking for this over the weekend. I signed up. I actually did have to replace one card & I am a bit concerned about their security because I used to have a CC with them.

Barclay Visa Fin $1500 | Wal-Mart Discover $2000 | AmEx BCE $3000 | Target $3000 | Slate Visa $4800 | Hyatt Visa $5000

Last App: 3/16/2014 (Current FICO 740 per 4/07/14 Barclay FICO)
Message 12 of 53
Gypsie77
Valued Member

Thanks for the info.  I'm all signed up.  FYI, I took the bait and signed up for the 3 credit bureau scores.  The "plus scores" are garbage IMHO.  However, being able to have a comparision view of what is in all 3 credit files made it worth the $14.95 (50% discount for new members). 

Starting Score: TU 500's EQ 560 Summer of 2012
Current Score: Lender pull EQ 625 EX 651 TU 654
Goal Score: 700 Club!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 53
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Thanks OP.  Just requested my activation code.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 53
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info. Got my Target code and tried to sign up ...but how I hate Experian  Smiley Mad

Target.png

Message 15 of 53
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Just requested my code.  Thank you!!

Message 16 of 53
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

OK, so I signed up.  It looks like a petty limited sevice.  No credit score...  Not nealy as much information as I get through my Equifax service, but I guess for free it's not a bad deal at all.

Message 17 of 53
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Target offers FREE one year from experience

Thank you very much for the information.  I just received my activation code, and I am up and running. 

I know it is their fault that this occurred.  Target should have never let their systems get to the point of being so easy to hack, but I think they are doing the right things to try to save face.  I just hope all vendors will learn from this, and our information will become more protected.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 53
amakol
Regular Contributor

I got this email and signed up for the service and have it up and running. It's great. But, I never shopped at Target during the dates of the breach. Not in store, not online. I don't have any Target transactions showing on any of my accounts either. I can't remember the last time I shopped there, anywhere from July-October.

Did anyone else get this offer emailed to you because your email was in Target system and not because you shopped there during the holidays? I'm only slightly concerned whether I should be checking my statements and that I'm at risk for identity theft.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 19 of 53
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

I got this email and signed up for the service and have it up and running. It's great. But, I never shopped at Target during the dates of the breach. Not in store, not online. I don't have any Target transactions showing on any of my accounts either. I can't remember the last time I shopped there, anywhere from July-October.

Did anyone else get this offer emailed to you because your email was in Target system and not because you shopped there during the holidays? I'm only slightly concerned whether I should be checking my statements and that I'm at risk for identity theft.

They let me sign up, and I don't recall ever shopping at Target.

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.