Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Best Credit Cards of 2012 - interesting read

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

The Best Credit Cards of 2012 - interesting read

To lure new customers, issuers continue to sweeten their deals. But which ones are worth swiping?

In the battle of the plastics, credit cards have lately emerged as the surprise champs, offering fewer fees and better rewards than the typical debit card. But as banks and credit-card companies flood mailboxes with a new round of offerings, experts warn that finding the best deals isn't getting any easier.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-best-credit-cards-of-2012.html
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Best Credit Cards of 2012 - interesting read

Probably going to be re-landscaped again in Q3/Q4 , sooner or later there's going to be a pull back; however, until that point the offers are going to continue to spiral upward from the various lenders.

Certainly would be nice if I had started my credit rebuilding a year earlier, I suspect approval requirements will drop on some of the prime lenders until that pull back occurs or they'll start introducing new products targetted at their current sub-marginal approvals.

        
Message 2 of 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Interesting read. I was a little surprised they wrote "Excellent" regarding a 720 score. I've read the median is 723.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@drkaje wrote:

Interesting read. I was a little surprised they wrote "Excellent" regarding a 720 score. I've read the median is 723.

I've noticed that credit card companies are sort of rebounding right now... seems as though more people are paying back old defaults, less new defaults are happening, and people are more in a position to apply for and obtain new credit

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.