cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought you guys might fins this interesting...

Valued Member

Thought you guys might fins this interesting...

...especially the part about capital one - makes me happy I just got approved for a cap1platinum!

From USA TODAY

A few card issuers offer free credit scores

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is turning up the heat on credit card issuers.

http://usat.ly/1ipDQmU
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Mega Contributor

Re: Thought you guys might fins this interesting...

Thanks for the post it will probably be moved to credit in the news.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $13.5k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $6.1k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $4.85k / Citi DC (WMC) $7.1k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
Established Contributor

This is pretty cool news, my hopes are Capital One's "Credit Tracker" is EX or EQ based. I don't need a third TU product Smiley Very Happy

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 3 of 6
Frequent Contributor

i got happy for a min there, the pic in there shows an american express card,i thought i was going to read american express is going to start something but no such luck still gotta buy experian if we want it Smiley Sad

Amx BCE-15k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-10.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-19k, Khols-2k
Message 4 of 6

Thx for the info.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Message 5 of 6
New Contributor

FYI: The existing "Credit Tracker" for the Cap1 Journey card pulls from Credit Karma (non-FICO and TU based), so it is likely that they are just providing the same to other Cap1 cards.

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 6 of 6