cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 50 largest U.S credit unions by asset size 2016 list...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Top 50 largest U.S credit unions by asset size 2016 list...

https://www.supermoney.com/2015/08/top-50-credit-unions-us

I'm in 4 of the top 13 (Alliant, NFCU, PenFed, and RBFCU).

Carpe Diem Credit Unions. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Top 50 largest U.S credit unions by asset size 2016 list...

Hmmm, interesting that (North Carolina) State Employees beat out Penfed, my only CU in the top 10. I have 3 CU accounts - Vantage West claims to be the largest CU in southern Arizona and with 130,000 members is just below #50 on the list. And my 3rd CU is probably one of the smallest - Southeastern Arizona Fed CU. With main branch in Douglas & just 1 other branch in Benson, those two communities probably have less than 20k population, so they probably have maybe 5k members. But they gave me a 60 mo. car loan @1.99% APR in Jan 2015 for a 2013 used rental from Hertz with a 704 EQ Vantage score, so they work for me. Yeah, they used a Vantage score, that small an operation they probably save money using Vantage instead of FICO.

Message 2 of 5
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

PENFED for me. I was also wth 34. Desert Schools Federal Credit Union - but didn't like them so I dropped them.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 3 of 5
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

Here is a top 100 list that is updated quarterly.

Credit Unions Online list of the largest credit unions in the United States in 2017 is based on assets reported by each credit union to the National Credit Union Administration. The rankings are updated quarterly. Last Update: June 2017

https://www.creditunionsonline.com/largest100creditunions.html

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1,3, 30, 47

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.