Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying To Ruin Your Ex's Credit Score Is Not A Good Way Of Getting Revenge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying To Ruin Your Ex's Credit Score Is Not A Good Way Of Getting Revenge

LOL This is ridiculous. Uh, oh yeah; it's also pretty illegal. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My ex did this on a car she got out of the divorce that was cosigned by me.  Multiple 30 day lates, when I asked her why she said, "because I know it will hurt your credit score".  

Thankfully for me she totaled the car a few months later, her insurance paid the car off and stopped the bleeding on my report....

Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

My ex did this on a car she got out of the divorce that was cosigned by me.  Multiple 30 day lates, when I asked her why she said, "because I know it will hurt your credit score".  

Thankfully for me she totaled the car a few months later, her insurance paid the car off and stopped the bleeding on my report....

I'd like to think that there's a special place in heck for those who did this. I didn't do it to my ex; he didn't do it to me. There's no excuse for that, even if the ex was a monstrous abuser. (Not saying that you were, of course!)

Newly divorced: take the high road and move on.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

People going through a divorce are, more often than not, usually under a great deal of emotional stress. 

I still, however, don't see where you can mess someone over by adding them as an AU without messing yourself up, too.  I guess the person out for revenge just wasn't creative enough.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.