Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Reps To Question Pay For Executives Tied To Mortgage Mess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

U.S. Reps To Question Pay For Executives Tied To Mortgage Mess

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200801141821DOWJONESDJONLINE000738_FORTUNE5.htm

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- The top executive of Countrywide Financial Corp. ( CFC) and the former CEOs of Merrill Lynch & Co. (MER) and Citigroup Inc. (C) have been asked to testify before a U.S. House panel about their severance packages and the role of their companies in the collapse of the mortgage market.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: U.S. Reps To Question Pay For Executives Tied To Mortgage Mess

Sweeeet! Grab 'em by the ankles, hold 'em upside down, and shake HARD.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

$70MM for running a company into the ground and causing millions of homeowners heartache. I can do that...I bet it wouldn't be too hard either. Where do I apply?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I promise that I can inflict far less damage on a company, and I'll accept as payment far less than $70M. As an added bonus, I promise to shut up and go away granting no interviews in exchange for a hefty golden parachute when I'm fired or they grow tired of me.

It is truly win-win to hire me as a CEO.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.