cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK CAUGHT BREAKING BANKRUPTCY LAWS TO COLLECT DEBT.

tag
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

US BANK CAUGHT BREAKING BANKRUPTCY LAWS TO COLLECT DEBT.

From Underdog Law Blog

https://t.co/1oZGo64wAR

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US BANK CAUGHT BREAKING BANKRUPTCY LAWS TO COLLECT DEBT.

@Benzman wrote:

From Underdog Law Blog

Well, that's pretty despicable - something you'd expect from a debt collector rather than a major bank. Guess US Bank just lost at least one potential customer...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome catch! Appreciate the link. Seems my mortgage was recently being serviced by a troubled loan servicing company.
Message 3 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Benzman wrote:

From Underdog Law Blog

Well, that's pretty despicable - something you'd expect from a debt collector rather than a major bank. Guess US Bank just lost at least one potential customer...

I wouldn't call if "despicable", they were trying to get him to make a deposit to an overdrawn bank account. Yes, they should contact his attorney instead of the customer directly, but the reps for OD'd bank accounts probably aren't as well versed on BK laws & procedures as are credit reps, the bank account dept. might not have even been informed of the BK, as that notice is sent to creditors, not where you bank.

And in my opinion, this guy is being foolish - for a hundred something overdrawn he'll have a hard time opening any new bank account for years with that red flag reported to Chex and/or EWS.

Message 4 of 6
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

When I walk in quick trips, their ATM's quote, "Most Ethical Company" in the world. 😂😈😈🐍
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you dont have the ability to hire a lawyer the trustee of your case can be your best friend. I had an experience years ago when a creditor kept trying to collect during the BK process and went to the trustee with the letter they sent me, it was immediately taken care of.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.