cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK CAUGHT BREAKING BANKRUPTCY LAWS TO COLLECT DEBT.

Regular Contributor

US BANK CAUGHT BREAKING BANKRUPTCY LAWS TO COLLECT DEBT.

From Underdog Law Blog

https://t.co/1oZGo64wAR

Amex EveryDay 20K | Amex BCE 10K | Amex Plenti 5K | Citi® Diamond Preferred 7.3K | Citi® Simplicity 7.4K | Cap One Quicksilver Visa 14.6K | Cap One Buy Power 3K | Discover It 11.5K | Discover Miles 3K | BOA Cash Rewards WMC 15K | State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank Plat 3K | US Bank FlexPerks Select+ AMEX 9K | 2nd US Bank Plat 5K | Chase AARP 3.5K | FNBO Rewards 4.850K | Huntington Voice 6,250K | Huntington Voice Rewards 6K | Fidelity Visa Sig 7.5K | Target MC 4K | BB&T Bright 2K | Wal Mart MC 10K | Ebates Visa 10K | Ebay MC10K | Marvel MC 10K | Paypal Credit 2.250K | Scores 9/2017 EX749; TU762; EQ757
5 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: US BANK CAUGHT BREAKING BANKRUPTCY LAWS TO COLLECT DEBT.

Benzman wrote:

From Underdog Law Blog

Well, that's pretty despicable - something you'd expect from a debt collector rather than a major bank. Guess US Bank just lost at least one potential customer...

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/14, well along in rebuilding credit. FICO 11/2/17:TU 660/EX 694/EQ 688 FICO 8 (Aug 2017) or 680 FICO 9 (Penfed Sep 2017), VS 3.0 11/7/17: TU 704/EX 690/EQ 697. $32.3K revolving credit as of 11/7/17; $951 Cap One secured Platinum MC, $2000 Apple FCU Platinum Visa,$3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $3500 Walmart Store Card, $3500 Cap One Quicksilver MC, $3600 Discover It, $4000 Care Credit, $4300 Overstock Store Card, $7000 Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa, $10k PenFed used car loan, $5k Navient student loan. In the garden again from 10/26/17 for at least the next 3 months unless I get a really really good preapproval.
Super Contributor

Awesome catch! Appreciate the link. Seems my mortgage was recently being serviced by a troubled loan servicing company.
Starting Score: 802
Current Score: 821
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

joe8185 wrote:

Benzman wrote:

From Underdog Law Blog

Well, that's pretty despicable - something you'd expect from a debt collector rather than a major bank. Guess US Bank just lost at least one potential customer...

I wouldn't call if "despicable", they were trying to get him to make a deposit to an overdrawn bank account. Yes, they should contact his attorney instead of the customer directly, but the reps for OD'd bank accounts probably aren't as well versed on BK laws & procedures as are credit reps, the bank account dept. might not have even been informed of the BK, as that notice is sent to creditors, not where you bank.

And in my opinion, this guy is being foolish - for a hundred something overdrawn he'll have a hard time opening any new bank account for years with that red flag reported to Chex and/or EWS.

Fico 08: 720/721/719 TU/EX/EQ
Established Contributor

When I walk in quick trips, their ATM's quote, "Most Ethical Company" in the world. 😂😈😈🐍

If you dont have the ability to hire a lawyer the trustee of your case can be your best friend. I had an experience years ago when a creditor kept trying to collect during the BK process and went to the trustee with the letter they sent me, it was immediately taken care of.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne