Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank to offer American Express Co-Branded Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank to offer American Express Co-Branded Cards

U.S. Bancorp is rolling out new consumer credit cards on the American Express network as the country’s largest regional bank accelerates its card business. The Minneapolis-based lender and the credit card giant announced their card-issuing agreement Wednesday, saying they expect to launch the new American Express-branded cards by fall 2014. The Startribune newspaper reported the story November 20, 2013 by Jennifer Bjorhus.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

US Bank American Express!!!!

I heard from other forum. U.S. Bank will come out their own Amex Network next year.

link:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=117565&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1878636&highlight=

Ron.

Message 2 of 12
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank to offer American Express Co-Branded Cards

I was offered a co-branded card this month by Bank of Nova Scotia/AMEX.  I thought it was odd since I didn't know AMEX co-branded with any banks at all.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 3 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Roarmeister wrote:

I was offered a co-branded card this month by Bank of Nova Scotia/AMEX.  I thought it was odd since I didn't know AMEX co-branded with any banks at all.

It's the confusion in the wording I think.

There's a difference between cards offered between American Express Centurion Bank (or whatever the offiicial title is) and cards offered by another bank which authorize against the Amex transactional network.  We've traditionally called the ones by Centurion FSB co-branded cards, and everything else, well not Amex: this was recently pointed out as wrong based on terminology which Amex uses.  Oopsie.

Maybe we need to get a different term for it frankly after the old standard definition got so completely muddled by Amex's own legalese.

        
Message 4 of 12
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

I currently cannot qualify for amex cards as i had defaulted with them a loong time ago.

But, I have great relationship with US bank and have their credit card, loans etc.

I wonder if i will be able to qualify for US bank based amex card. It will be interesting to see.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
HiLine
Blogger

Co-branded cards are jointly developed by one bank and one non-bank business. Calling the future US Bank Amex card co-branded is the same as calling US Bank Visa cards, or any Visa cards for that matter, co-branded.

Message 6 of 12
HiLine
Blogger

@tennisfan78 wrote:

I currently cannot qualify for amex cards as i had defaulted with them a loong time ago.

But, I have great relationship with US bank and have their credit card, loans etc.

I wonder if i will be able to qualify for US bank based amex card. It will be interesting to see.

This is purely a US Bank product. Amex does not have any say on whether you qualify. 

Message 7 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@HiLine wrote:

Co-branded cards are jointly developed by one bank and one non-bank business. Calling the future US Bank Amex card co-branded is the same as calling US Bank Visa cards, or any Visa cards for that matter, co-branded.

I should dig the link out if I can, but apparently Amex refers to cards which authorize against their transactional network as co-branded too when I was reading a link someone posted.  Prior to that I held the same definition as you.

        
Message 8 of 12
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I already have two of the US Bank Visa co-branded cards. I'm still waiting to see if the new US Bank Amex co-branded cards are any different besides just being on a different credit network.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank started offering their US Bank American Express Card on Sunday, September 14, 2014 but have NOT made it active on their website. It is focused as a travel card that is a virtual mirror of the US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards Card (Black one) with an annual fee structure $49 etc that is the same. Rewards of 2x points for gas, groceries, travel, with everything else 1x points and an FTF of ???. There is a second AX version that is 1x points for everything and no annual fee but FTF of 3%. Now this is interesting, as of today there are 215 countries that take Master Card, 210 Countries that take Visa, and 110 Countries that take American Express (with a note AX Countries acceptance is declining). Source of this information is directly from US Bank. There may be options for p/c of card products (likely pure US Bank not Co-Branded) without HP (Hmmm...) so I was informed. If this helps any one here is an early link: www.amexconnect.com/usbank .

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.