Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Blue Bird AMEX to be backed by FDIC

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Walmart Blue Bird AMEX to be backed by FDIC

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/wal-mart-and-amex-prepaid-card-gets-fdic-insurance/20...

Interesting!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Blue Bird AMEX to be backed by FDIC

Kinda scary that they're laundering money through WF, in order to do this. People will wise up, and just deposit directly into WF, and/or do their secured card.

Message 2 of 3
SCoach
Established Member

Re: Walmart Blue Bird AMEX to be backed by FDIC

After having banked with Wells Fargo, I will no longer do business with them.  I'm not sure what there is to "wise up" to, but I will not be doing any kind of prepaid card (or any other business for that matter) with Wells Fargo.

I also doubt Wells Fargo is offering funding through Vanilla Reload, and I would bet they are not going to offer all the perks AmEx does on their cards.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx Gold | AmEx Bluebird | CSP | Chase Freedom
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.