Established Contributor
awdsmama

Warning: Experian fraudulant emails

I went onto Experians page to do my daily pull and they have this warning at the top of their page so I wanted to share on here -- but not sure what board (or how many boards) to put it on....so MODS feel free to move wherever needed.

March 14, 2013 — Fraudulent Emails Claiming to be From Experian

Experian is aware of a recently-launched scam in which fraudulent emails are claiming to be from "Experian" (credit.report@experian.com). This email is in no way associated with Experian. DO NOT OPEN THIS EMAIL OR ITS ATTACHMENT. DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY.

The email is a very convincing replica of an Experian alert. A critical difference is that Experian never includes attachments in its emails to members, and does not send email alerts to non-members. Additionally, Experian members should note that the membership ID number is incorrect and non-members would not have an Experian member ID, which would clearly be a warning sign. Consumers are warned that this is a fraudulent alert. Investigators from Experian's Global Security Office are working with the appropriate parties to uncover the source of these fraudulent emails.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+