Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Fined $185 Million in Fraud Case

tag
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Fined $185 Million in Fraud Case

@sarge12 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Geez! It just keeps getting better and better doesn't it? I am SO glad they denied me a card during my rebuild! They are so despicable! WOW! Smiley Mad

WF is redefining the sleazy banker....Repoing Service members cars without court order, damaging their credit, and auctioning these vehicles, while demanding defecit payment....and the CEO is getting 130M+ retirement package. Glad I have no business with these snakes.

Each to his own.

I have stock in WF so I hope they overwhelm their adversaries. Of course, I do support pain and suffering for those accountable (not the lower level scapegoats).

I and DW did open up a few savings/checking accounts with WF over 10 years ago. A majority of the accounts were linked which gave us free checking and higher interest rates on all linked accounts. They did literally force debit cards on us at the time which annoyed me. (I cut mine up as soon as it arrived) To this day every time I cash a check they ask for the card as part of identity verification. All they actually require is a drivers license. I'm rather tired of the routine.

Given my situation, I keep an open mind.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thomas_Thumb wrote

Each to his own.

I have stock in WF so I hope they overwhelm their adversaries.

Well, WF definitely overwhelmed their employees...

Wells Fargo employees on the front lines say they were so stressed

"One morning, before meeting with a customer, in which I knew I was going to have to sell unneeded services, I had a severe panic attack. I went to the bathroom and took a drink of some hand sanitizer," she told The Times. "This immediately reduced my anxiety. From that point, I began drinking the hand sanitizer all over the bank. In late November 2012, I was completely addicted to hand sanitizer and drinking at least a bottle a day during my workday."

Message 42 of 44
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thomas_Thumb wrote

Each to his own.

"One morning, before meeting with a customer, in which I knew I was going to have to sell unneeded services, I had a severe panic attack. I went to the bathroom and took a drink of some hand sanitizer," she told The Times. "This immediately reduced my anxiety. From that point, I began drinking the hand sanitizer all over the bank. In late November 2012, I was completely addicted to hand sanitizer and drinking at least a bottle a day during my workday."

Unfortunately those that are harmed most by fines, boycotting and sanctions are the current innocent employees dependent on their WF jobs for income and to a lesser degree ignorant investers not privy to the management decisions. Step back and consider who are those most impacted by "righteous indignation" - it's not those responsible for the schemes.

Regarding, the addiction to hand sanitizer, that's a stretch to blame a company. In a past job I was asked to falsify test results for certificates of analysis but refused. By some strange coincidence I was let go without cause a few months later because I "was not a team player". I was not up for litigation or whistleblower infamy and agreed to a separation package. 

End of the day we all make decisions regarding personal integrity and in this case, addictive behavior. We are responsible for our actions and need to take ownership of our decisions.

It's a difficult situation - where does one draw the line on personal accountability? 

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 43 of 44
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thomas_Thumb wrote

Each to his own.

Unfortunately those that are harmed most by fines, boycotting and sanctions are the current innocent employees dependent on their WF jobs for income and to a lesser degree ignorant investers not privy to the management decisions. Step back and consider who are those most impacted by "righteous indignation" - it's not those responsible for the schemes.

Regarding, the addiction to hand sanitizer, that's a stretch to blame a company. In a past job I was asked to falsify test results for certificates of analysis but refused. By some strange coincidence I was let go without cause a few months later because I "was not a team player". I was not up for litigation or whistleblower infamy and agreed to a separation package. 

End of the day we all make decisions regarding personal integrity and in this case, addictive behavior. We are responsible for our actions and need to take ownership of our decisions.

It's a difficult situation - where does one draw the line on personal accountability? 

Speaking for myself only...no job could cause me to defy my own morals, no matter how lucrative. My honesty and integrity are not for sale, at any price. If asked to create fraudulant accounts, or defraud customers, any WF employee who did so is an accomplice to a crime, and is responsible for their complicit behavior. If told by their boss to rob the local convenience store, would they do that too? Quitting that job, and reporting the unethical and illegal practices would be the only way an employee should have responded to these practices.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.