Wells Fargo Payback

Wells Fargo credit card applications plunge 55%

http://wqad.com/2017/03/20/wells-fargo-credit-card-applications-plunge-55/

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Payback

Reminds me of an old saying "... you made your bed now lie in it ..." ! They deserve what they get.
Message 2 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Reminds me of an old saying "... you made your bed now lie in it ..." ! They deserve what they get.

right!! +1

Not too mention those folks who have closed their accts and credit accts with them too... 

Message 3 of 12
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I opened a checking account a few weeks back ($250 bonus for 10 swipes) I was going to close it right after the bonus, and before I could they shut it down!

They couldn't tell me what the hell happened to my $500 deposit either they withdrew it via E-check all they keep saying is "we cannot see that deposit sir" but my Penfed has -500 "Wells Fargo ACHfunding".... I'm going to be filing a complaint with the CFPB if I don't receive a check by Monday.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
I opened a checking account a few weeks back ($250 bonus for 10 swipes) I was going to close it right after the bonus, and before I could they shut it down!

They couldn't tell me what the hell happened to my $500 deposit either they withdrew it via E-check all they keep saying is "we cannot see that deposit sir" but my Penfed has -500 "Wells Fargo ACHfunding".... I'm going to be filing a complaint with the CFPB if I don't receive a check by Monday.

This is totally unacceptable and to think I had checking, savings, CDs, Note Loan, Personal Insurances Property Casualty, Credit Card and Investments before I wised up and left them. Long story short it related to their reconfiguration of Insurance for personal lines in Minnesota. How can they do that? Do they think we are all that dumb we will just let it go??? ;(

Message 5 of 12
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I have no idea!! The representative just kept saying how'd you fund the account? I said you guys took money out of my checking... he's like I can't see that here let me transfer you, and the next person is even more oblivious!! Then I asked for the checking # so when I file a dispute I can have a reference and he said "I can't give you that, it's closed".... obviously Smiley Surprised...

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's really quite astonishing that they'd pull such games after the disaster that befell them with the fake-account scandal. I guess some people haven't learned their lesson.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

I guess this is an excellent outcome for WF. Hard to see why would a dishonest company be that enticing to the 45%? Just because WF hand out a few hundred bucks so they could screw you up big time later?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

I guess this is an excellent outcome for WF. Hard to see why would a dishonest company be that enticing to the 45%? Just because WF hand out a few hundred bucks so they could screw you up big time later?

I think those 45% are the people who don't keep up with the news so most of them are likely unaware of what's been going on with that bank.

Message 9 of 12
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And yet some people are still stupid enough to open a new credit card with them anyway...and I have to look at one of these idiots every time I brush my hair. Brain Damage is the only thing that makes sense.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.