cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo needs a new team of horses...

tag
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo needs a new team of horses...

I'm sorta starting to feel sorry for them, but really glad I switched stagecoaches at the last outpost. Smiley Wink

Wells Fargo Glitch

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo needs a new team of horses...

@Moneyklutz wrote:

I'm sorta starting to feel sorry for them, but really glad I switched stagecoaches at the last outpost. Smiley Wink

Wells Fargo Glitch

More proof that the rich are the problem. WF is a classic example of that. 

Message 2 of 19
LJ555
Valued Member

Hmmm.  I've been with Wells Fargo since they were Wachovia.  Never had a problem with them, ever.  I know everyone's experiences vary but I don't really get all the WF hate.

Also - looks like that glitch was only related to those enrolled in online bill pay.  I've never understood the benefit of setting up bill pay through your bank account vs. setting up an autopay with the company that is billing you.  ??

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really sure why you don't understand the WF hate. They opened accounts for people who didn't apply for them. It doesn't get any worse than downright fraud, not to mention, pressuring employees to sell products, even if the customer doesn't want them. Wells Fargo hasn't done anything to make amends with customers either... Most of their senior management is still with the company, and one of them moved to the CEO position. If Wells Fargo really wanted good PR once again, they should have dropped monthly maintenance fees, lowered other fees, and compensated the victims of their wrongdoing with a few hundred dollars, for example. 

Some people like to set up bill pay through their bank because it's a more responsible way to handle finances. Bill pay allows you to view your statements/bills in one place and track when they need to be sent out. If you use autopay through your bank's bill pay service, the amount paid to be paid to the merchant or whatever adjusts automatically. 

Message 4 of 19
arkane
Established Contributor

Even without all the scandals, WF offers absolutely nothing of value whether in terms of banking or credit. Their cards are good for a quick pump-and-dump and that's about it. They're also the only of the "big four" to be short-sighted/idiotic enough to deny unsecured cards to non-citizens. All good though, actually did me a favor by eliminating themselves before the first round even started. Smiley Very Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Wells Fargo Glitch

I could never feel sorry for them.  They're about as evil as they come.  The deserve every negative consequence and more.

Message 6 of 19
trusty
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

Even without all the scandals, WF offers absolutely nothing of value whether in terms of banking or credit. Their cards are good for a quick pump-and-dump and that's about it. They're also the only of the "big four" to be short-sighted/idiotic enough to deny unsecured cards to non-citizens. All good though, actually did me a favor by eliminating themselves before the first round even started. Smiley Very Happy

Well, PMA account holders get treated like royalty... or, at least, used to. No fees on anything FTW. I mean, being able to wire money anywhere, or write a cashier's check, at anytime, at no cost, is an incredible feature. I'm not sure if they still do that, but it's fantastic. Plus, when you call in to customer service, they have a special department that doesn't mess around, and puts your call through straightaway. 

It's funny how they always manage to charge all of the fees to the accounts with hardly any money in them. Talk about Capitalism run amok.

Only someone living paycheck to paycheck would see their accounts drained due to doubling their monthly bill pay total. PMA account holders probably wouldn't even have noticed, if it didn't overdraw other customers.

That said, when they start opening shill accounts - in actual customer's names - without anyone's permission... that's basically the worst case scenario. I mean, the fact that these publically traded companies have to constantly generate "growth" every single year, is totally impossible, and just makes them make unrealistic demands on the workforce, which leads to criminal stupidness like this. 

In light of this, until proven otherwise, I won't even consider this latest incident to be an accident. Many accounts were overdrawn. Some people probably won't notice and won't ask for their money back. Job done.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

Well, PMA account holders get treated like royalty... or, at least, used to. No fees on anything FTW. I mean, being able to wire money anywhere, or write a cashier's check, at anytime, at no cost, is an incredible feature. I'm not sure if they still do that, but it's fantastic. Plus, when you call in to customer service, they have a special department that doesn't mess around, and puts your call through straightaway. 

It's funny how they always manage to charge all of the fees to the accounts with hardly any money in them. Talk about Capitalism run amok.

Only someone living paycheck to paycheck would see their accounts drained due to doubling their monthly bill pay total. PMA account holders probably wouldn't even have noticed, if it didn't overdraw other customers.

That said, when they start opening shill accounts - in actual customer's names - without anyone's permission... that's basically the worst case scenario. I mean, the fact that these publically traded companies have to constantly generate "growth" every single year, is totally impossible, and just makes them make unrealistic demands on the workforce, which leads to criminal stupidness like this. 

In light of this, until proven otherwise, I won't even consider this latest incident to be an accident. Many accounts were overdrawn. Some people probably won't notice and won't ask for their money back. Job done.

You need $250,000 or more to waive stop payments, ATM fee reimbursments, and to get $0 overdraft protection fee. 

Same thing with Chase, except you're only required to have $75,000.

Meanwhile, at Schwab, one can have $0.00 in their account and get all of those features. 

You didn't do Wells Fargo any favors there. 

Perhaps if they had real credit cards, the people here would have a little more respect for them, but not much. 

Message 8 of 19
LJ555
Valued Member

Hmm.  Interesting.  Guess I'm out of the news loop.  (Hence one reason I'm reading these threads!)

Message 9 of 19
arkane
Established Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

You need $250,000 or more to waive stop payments, ATM fee reimbursments, and to get $0 overdraft protection fee. 

Same thing with Chase, except you're only required to have $75,000.

Meanwhile, at Schwab, one can have $0.00 in their account and get all of those features. 

You didn't do Wells Fargo any favors there. 

Perhaps if they had real credit cards, the people here would have a little more respect for them, but not much. 

Yep with Bank of America, you just need $20,000 to become a gold preferred client and have most of the fees waived. Sure they don't have the best credit products, but I feel they're the most "generous" of the big four on their banking side. Chase has excellent cards that most people drool over, and Citi.... Well at least they're not Wells Fargo LOL

Seriously, why anyone would bank with WF (especially after the scandals and now this "glitch") is beyond me. If I had $250,000 or even just $100,000 to kick around, I'd much rather be a BoA Platinum Honors client or a Chase Private Client. The only way I'd ever bank with WF is if they offered a hefty bonus, and even then I'd still close my account as soon as I'm out the early termination window. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.