Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Sports Authority is headed for bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Sports Authority is headed for bankruptcy

The fourth-largest U.S. sporting goods chain is headed for bankruptcy, a reversal of fortune analysts blame on Sports Authority's staggering debt and the retailer's failure to adapt to changing consumer tastes.

The Englewood-based retailer is nearing the end of a 30-day grace period on a $21 million interest payment it skipped in January. Failure to pay by Valentine's Day would trigger a default on its $343 million of subordinated debt.

Sports Authority leadership has begun negotiations with lenders on a deal to reorganize through Chapter 11 bankruptcy, Bloomberg reported this month. That could result in the closure of as many as 200 of its more than 450 stores nationwide.

Was told all Texas stores will be closed . Another comenity card closing for me,

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why Sports Authority is headed for bankruptcy

Yeah, that just too bad, eh? I've got a $500 sports authority card that I CANNOT even use. Apparently you have to use it in a store ONLY. Of which there are none of those here in Charlotte NC...LOL.
You can't use the card over the phone or online either. Si, it's useless.

No wonder they are going BYE-BYE!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.