Valued Contributor
thom02099

Will Credit Scores Become Obsolete?

Very interesting article.

http://money.msn.com/credit-rating/will-credit-scores-become-obsolete

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K / Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $7.5K / Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 765 EQ = 743 TU = 825 Mar/2014
Valued Contributor
JM-AM

Re: Will Credit Scores Become Obsolete?

A credit score while it may slowly have less of an impact on decisions it will most likely still be a part of evaluation.

Literally there are many models of credit scoring, credit enhanced scores, auto enhanced scores, rental enhanced scores, mortgage enhanced scores, your regular score, as a few examples. On top of the numerous types of scores there are numerous types of variations and models on how to determine the score you get. For example you have FICO scores, Vantage scores, etc etc and then each one of them has different model numbels dating back for years. You also have companies such as AMEX who use their own internal scoring system with different variations.

The reality of it all, while there were numerous losses during our hard times, all these companies still made billions of dollars even after losing billions of dollars. They arent looking to help the consumer to obtain credit on new easier various ways, they are more looking at how many more billions they can prosper by looking at the bigger picture and have less losses for themselves.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
credit_wise

Interesting post. Thank you for sharing. I personally don't think they will become obsolete any time soon. Our entire financial infrastructure relies on the credit score as a starting point.

That said, you never what happens. When I got my first cell phone, I never thought I could access the Web on it but today the story is different.

credit_wise

Just as an additional note ... there are several countries where the credit scoring system isn't as well-developed as the US. They do use the "alternatives" mentioned in the article.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+