cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank mistakenly gives unlimited credit to man, withdraws 1.5 million from account

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

bank mistakenly gives unlimited credit to man, withdraws 1.5 million from account

story here

What type of account did they give him. Makes it seem as easy as choosing the wrong thing from a dropdown menu gave him access to all those funds

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: bank mistakenly gives unlimited credit to man, withdraws 1.5 million from account

From the comments after the post:

It took BOA 2 weeks to figure this scam out but in 30 minutes they can foreclose.

LOL I would have sent DW with the money to Korea and after I got out  in less then 15 months joined her there.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: bank mistakenly gives unlimited credit to man, withdraws 1.5 million from account

Considering other places money gets wasted, this doesn't offend me one bit. Obviously, it would have been cool if someone a little better prepared got the money but if the dude had a good time, who cares? Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

marty56 wrote:  LOL I would have sent DW with the money to Korea and after I got in less then 15 months joined her there.
Agreed!
Uborrow-Upay
(aka Inmate #7438745)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.