cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free fico with BOA -- which CRA will they use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

free fico with BOA -- which CRA will they use?

Bank of America anounced months ago that they would be giving a free FICO score to their credit card customers.  Still no word yet as to when.  I have a BOA card and am curious what CRA they will likely use.  Can anyone make a reasonable guess?

I get a free EX score with Chase and a free EQ score with Citibank.  It would be sweet to hear that BOA is likely to use TU.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: free fico with BOA -- which CRA will they use?

@Anonymous wrote:

Bank of America anounced months ago that they would be giving a free FICO score to their credit card customers.  Still no word yet as to when.  I have a BOA card and am curious what CRA they will likely use.  Can anyone make a reasonable guess?

I get a free EX score with Chase and a free EQ score with Citibank.  It would be sweet to hear that BOA is likely to use TU.

TU would be my guess as that's the report they AR me on and use for all their CLI's among other things.

TU meh, plenty of card issuers which offer that, would prefer either a EQ or EX score that was either non-bankcard or not tied to a specific product (Chase) or might as well be vaporware with Amex.

        
Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TU would be my guess as that's the report they AR me on and use for all their CLI's among other things.

TU meh, plenty of card issuers which offer that, would prefer either a EQ or EX score that was either non-bankcard or not tied to a specific product (Chase) or might as well be vaporware with Amex.

I'm hoping for EX but I'm also inclined to think they could offer TU.  So, we'll see I suppose.

Message 3 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm going with EX...since they predominately pull them...that would be awesome
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
I'm going with EX...since they predominately pull them...that would be awesome

Only for initial accounts though from everything I've seen or experienced.

For FICO scores to be distributed cost-effectively they'll take advantage of the FICO Open Access program, which states what you pull you can give to your customer.  Since they do all of their AR's on TU AFAIK, that's likely what we're getting or otherwise it would indicate a non-trivial shift in FICO's stance or BOFA's policies imo.

        
Message 5 of 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

So, 2015 has almost ended and I do not hear any update on BofA offering credit scores. Have they dumped the idea or they are not ready yet?

Any updates?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, looks like they are going to roll it out to some customers on January 6th, and the rest will get it in late March.  Here's a recent thread that's been talking about it.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Bank-Of-America-Fico-Score/td-p/4316368

It will be a FICO 8 Score powered by TransUnion.  No definite word on whether it will be the "classic" flavor or Bankcard Enhanced.

Message 7 of 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, looks like they are going to roll it out to some customers on January 6th, and the rest will get it in late March.  Here's a recent thread that's been talking about it.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Bank-Of-America-Fico-Score/td-p/4316368

It will be a FICO 8 Score powered by TransUnion.  No definite word on whether it will be the "classic" flavor or Bankcard Enhanced.

That is dissapointing. Again TU.

Anyway, thyanks mate.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.