EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

iPhone. don't leave home without it

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

Re: iPhone. don't leave home without it

Meh...I'll still be carrying my  wallet and my credit cards. It's good news that they are driving up adoption of NFC usage though..

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 2 of 5
kchengg1
Contributor

Yep, I'll be carrying my wallet and credit cards still too. Not enough NFC out there for me to be solely reliable on my iPhone for payments. However, it's certainly the right footstep that apple is taking.

Last App: 7/1/2016
AMEX PLATINUM (NPSL) | AMEX EveryDay Preferred | SPG Personal & Biz | Amex Everyday | Citi AAExecutive| Citi AA Plat | Citi Prestige | Citi Thank You Premier | DISCOVER IT | BOFA Cash Rewards Visa Signature | Alaska Personal & Biz | Amex Plat Biz | Amex Biz Gold
Message 3 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Looks like I'm out of luck asI have no use for Apple-Phones, guess I'll have to stick with cash or plastic.

Note too that with the massive security breaches going on (Target, Home Depot, etc) I can see "phone hacks" in the near future. This is not a new thing either as common counter measures for phones, tablets and laptops include complete data wipes on return from some parts of the world for electronic equipment (I won't provide details) including Apple cell phones.

Message 4 of 5
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

See also Credit Cards Could Make Apple Essential.

"Recent reports suggest Apple has worked out a deal with all major credit card issuers, with a rate 10%-15% lower than (less expensive) present card rates."

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.