cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

This is a truly disappointing decision.  Consumers are paying for this service and it increases transparancy.  Seems to be a competitive move against myFico.  Hopefully the two companies can sort their issues and provide consumers more choices to track their credit in an open manner.
Message 11 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

MyFico - What laws govern this area of a CRA's behavior or possible obligation if any to make information they collect/aggregate about us - to us at all?

Consumers should take action on this with their representitives, it's another instance of lobbyists having written the rules in ways that allow the CRA's to behave this way.

Message 12 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

It said in the FAQ about this issue that some consumers receive their Experian FICO scores on their bank statements each month.  Which banks offer this?
Message 13 of 681
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

urgent_help_needed wrote:
It said in the FAQ about this issue that some consumers receive their Experian FICO scores on their bank statements each month.  Which banks offer this?

The only one I know of is PSECU in PA.
Message 14 of 681
porkozone

Re: Feedback from the FICO Forums community

@ralbusta wrote:

This just goes to show that the CRAs and EX more specifically are not consumer oriented companies. Like any other business they cater to who they get their money from: their suscribers (lenders, CAs, etc. anyone who reports accounts to them)

This also means that Fair Isaac - who is selling the ability to generate FICO scores to EX in the first place - is giving in to the EX "request" to not provide that information.
By extension, this means Fair Isaac is not a consumer oriented company, as well, in my opinion. They apparently are more worried about losing their dominance in the credit score industry, and the money that gives them, than they are to standing firm against such a consumer-unfriendly "request".
 Now excuse me while I go get some mouthwash - I have a very bad taste in my mouth. 

Message 15 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors are getting stingy.

But why CRA?

It's not like we're getting the reports for free.

Message 16 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

i want a refund of my fees paid in advance, for all time remaining after Feb 13, 2009.  please send it to me by crediting the card i used to pay my annual fee.  roger hawkes
Message 17 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly don't know why Experian would do such a thing. myFico is offering a service to the average consumers to checking all three scores, and I am sure the myFico was giving dues to each of the 3 companies for providing this information. I know if I was a credit reporting company, and I was getting money from a 3rd party provider, I would continue to allow myFico do what they are doing. (Basically free income).

Now what, will myFico go under because users will be looking for a place that will provide all 3 scores in one handy location. Seems odd to me to go to a different site to just get my Experian number, which I do not want to do, because myFico (even through only using for 2 years now) has helped me understand my credit scores and help clear my credit history of incorrect information.

I can not leave myFICO, it would be the wrong thing to do, they provide a great service. But if I am unable to get all 3 scores in one location, I might have to move, but if Experian is pulling from all other services, then I will remain a loyal customer of myFICO.

Josh

Message 18 of 681
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

. But if I am unable to get all 3 scores in one location, I might have to move, but if Experian is pulling from all other services, then I will remain a loyal customer of myFICO.

I don't think there is anywhere else you can actually get all 3 true FICO scores!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 19 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rats,

All I have is a buch of curse words!

Our credit is all we have to protect us from predatory lending practices and now this.

Why?

Message 20 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.