cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
vision

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

Even money this has to do with the lawsuit Fair Isaac has going against all three credit bureaus (Although EQ is no longer a defendent in the lawsuit, TU and EX still are.)

Although for those of you who think EX is the only culprit, Fair Isaac is not an innocent party.

While you and I are going to no longer be able to access OUR OWN PERSONAL Fico Score, you **bleep** well better believe that Fair Isaac made it a point to come to an agreement with EX to continue generating the scores and selling them to lenders and businesses.

As per usual, the businesses will still have access to our scores, but **bleep** the consumer.

In an environment such as today's financial climate, it would benefit everyone (individual and business alike) to provide MORE access to the consumer not LESS.

**** them both.

TU Score: 748
EQ Score: 746
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 51 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

"EXPERIAN READ THIS!!! 

Flat out .... I will ask creditors what credit bureau that they use for their decisions ... if they respond experian than I will tell them directly that I will not do business with you nor apply for credit with you because experian does not provide consumers with their Fico score. 

The buck always stops at the end consumer!!! If a lender or creditor get enough negative feedback about experian then they will relay that back to experian or use a different bureau.

I have not been satisfied with the accuracy of Experian to begin with!"

I am hearby locking my Experian credit report, this is the last money you will get from me! If a creditor wants to pull Experian I will do the same as the above poster.

Message Edited by wcnghj on 02-04-2009 03:40 PM
Message 52 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

probably not on their web-site. They either start something by themselves or jointly with others. There is not other reason why cut a reseller off.
Message 53 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Rats,

All I have is a buch of curse words!

Our credit is all we have to protect us from predatory lending practices and now this.

Why?

Because we as intelligent consumers broke the FICO code and got smarter about our credit. We know how to make our scores go up, and down. My guess is EX and its real customers (CA's, Banks, Auto Dealers) etc. do not like it when we manipulate the system the way we do. 
Message 54 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Rats,

All I have is a buch of curse words!

Our credit is all we have to protect us from predatory lending practices and now this.

Why?

Because we as intelligent consumers broke the FICO code and got smarter about our credit. We know how to make our scores go up, and down. My guess is EX and its real customers (CA's, Banks, Auto Dealers) etc. do not like it when we manipulate the system the way we do. 

It is your RIGHT to "manipulate" the system if you will, that is why we need to understand things to make things better, our motto as the greatest country in the world right? or are we now saying that we should be more like communist countries where information is blocked and censored to keep their people living in ignorance and dominate them easier, cause that's exactly where this is going.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 55 of 681
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, OK, let's try to ease off, everyone. No one is happy about Experian doing this, I know.

And just to remind about a few points from the FAQ's thread:

Q: Who made the decision to terminate this agreement between Fair Isaac (myFICO) and Experian?
A: Experian made this decision and notified Fair Isaac Corporation.

Q: Why did Experian make this decision?
A: Their reasons are not clear to us at this time and we do not believe it appropriate to speculate.
For those who might have skipped the FAQ's thread, here's the link:

FAQ for myFICO customers about Experian-based FICO scores
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 56 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
OK, OK, let's try to ease off, everyone. No one is happy about Experian doing this, I know.

And just to remind about a few points from the FAQ's thread:

Q: Who made the decision to terminate this agreement between Fair Isaac (myFICO) and Experian?
A: Experian made this decision and notified Fair Isaac Corporation.

Q: Why did Experian make this decision?
A: Their reasons are not clear to us at this time and we do not believe it appropriate to speculate.
For those who might have skipped the FAQ's thread, here's the link:

FAQ for myFICO customers about Experian-based FICO scores

You are right but its a fair reaction for people to be upset. I personally DID read all of them, including the whole FAQ but the fact remains that contracts cannot be terminated without mutual consent or it will be a breach. So if Experian is getting what they want, Fair Isaac conceded and gave it to them by letting them out of it. That's all I am saying and until they disclose the details which they have not, there is no way to know to what extent who else is to blame other than the obvious.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 57 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guardian wrote:

It is your RIGHT to "manipulate" the system if you will, that is why we need to understand things to make things better, our motto as the greatest country in the world right? or are we now saying that we should be more like communist countries where information is blocked and censored to keep their people living in ignorance and dominate them easier, cause that's exactly where this is going.

This is where experian is going! As long as we can still get our TU and EQ I say "FUDGE OFF experian!"  In fact it is my lowest score by far since they continue to report a collection as a "factoring company" installment account. I am just going to freeze that one, and force lenders to pick EQ and TU, my two good scores.

Message 58 of 681
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

edit to add: sorry, I broke the first rule of posting on a hot thread and didn't hit the "quote" button! Smiley Very Happy This was in response to Guardian's post.

Don't know if it is a breach. Maybe it's a refusal to renew? Businesses part ways all the time, and not always by mutual agreement.

I'll have to go back and re-read.

And I agree that there's reason for people to be upset. This reminds me horribly of when the first big wave of American Express AA's got started. When enough members got upset, they started attacking one another, when it wasn't the fellow members who were the initial problem; it was American Express.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-04-2009 04:47 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 59 of 681
dizzier
Established Contributor

HTSU

It's hard to ignore fair issac's role in all this. EX did not cut Fair Issac entirely, they just cut individual access to the FICO score. They took a financial pot shot at FICO without doing any damage to their bottom line.

I don't think any of us can ignore the obvious correlation between the lawsuit and this slight.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 60 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.